Sign in to follow this  
SirRoyal

Are these bragging hunting forums?

Someone mentioned thats all these forums are.

I agree,we all love to brag and show our prowness as a hunter.:)

As much as I like to show my pics I love seeing others share thier success stories and pictures.

Its just a hunter thing right, come on then why are there all these stalkers OOPS guests peeking to see whats happenin' ?

Someone mentioned thats all these forums are.

I agree,we all love to brag and show our prowness as a hunter.:)

As much as I like to show my pics I love seeing others share thier success stories and pictures.

Its just a hunter thing right, come on then why are there all these stalkers OOPS guests peeking to see whats happenin' ?

I startedhunting Arizona in 2002. I have harvested 4 deer and 2 elk.I dont think I have anyroom to brag.

I think this is a great place to show your critters and include stories, I know I love reading this site after hunting season starts, I sit down with coffee and read through each hunting story posted on this site, it's kind of like a hunting magazine that changes everyday, Trophy Hunter only comes once every few months!

I definitely use it for my hunting magazine fix. The best part is I have gotten familiar with a lot of the guys on here. I like to see guys I know tag out, especially with the story behind it. The gear reviews here are a lot better than in any hunting magazine or TV show. Nobody is being paid to push their sponsor's product. Some forums promote the cream of the crop gear. The guys here are "bang for your buck" guys, which is my kind of people. Brag on....

I have been hunting for 40 years and have never killed anything like some of the critters people on here have killed, and I am sure I can't shoot as good as most of them.

But I sure do enjoy reading the stories, looking at the pictures, I love the trail cam section, that is just awesome to see the great animals we have creeping around in our state.

Plus those lucky guys who have them coming in their back yard :huh:

Keep posting the pictures and the stories......

I don't consider this to be a forum for bragging, but I do think it's great when everyone shares their hunt stories and pics....it's just fun to "go along" on the hunt with them that way. Same as with seeing shed pics and trail cam pics. You get to share in the excitement that someone had finding those things.

I personally don't see anything wrong with honoring an animal by showing him to others. I think of it as a matter of respect for the animal. I am not the type to brag or boast about my hunting prowess or anything else for that matter, (can't think of much I've done,I would consider worth boasting about)but I understand some folks really feel the need to brag. The way I was brought up we always looked at bragging as a sign you had pretty low self-esteem. In any case if I get the impression someone is bragging about their hunting abilities I just take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully they have some great photos of some game to show off anyway.

• Like 1

For sure it is. Just like others said its an online hunting magazine. I get to gather all the biggest antlers and never break a sweat. If no one bragged we would have no pics to motivate us so I guess thanks to all you braggers, my time will come.

is it braggin' if i say i'm better lookin' and smarter than alla o' you flatlanders? no, it's just the truth. Lark.

is it braggin' if i say i'm better lookin' and smarter than alla o' you flatlanders? no, it's just the truth. Lark.

Spoken like somebody who has been poked in both eyes with a giant turkey pecker! :lol:

How long before you have to come off them drugs and back to reality Lark? Just kidding. Glad to see you givin' 'em heck on the forum during your recovery.

I think Amanda shoot quit allowing others to post pictures & stories, it's just BRAGGING! LOL

It's all fun & if others don't want to post & share that's their choice. Keep posting!!!

If this is better looking, then yes.

post-3138-0-41805800-1313619501_thumb.jpg

Keep'em coming ,lots of great responses. A Hunting magazine,you learn alot, lots of nice people willing to help new hunters and guys that draw tags of a lifetime !

I am starting to feel very justified why I keep comin' back for more. :D

Here is a monster mule deer buck i shot last year with my bow (a long bow), from 136 yards through the heart, down off of a cliff edge. the buck only ran 1 foot before piling up deader than a door nail. there were other bigger bucks in the group that were closer, but this was the one i wanted...just for the challenge of it. It is the 29th buck i have killed in the last 3 years with my longbow...the other 14 I just killed with my buck knife.

Not to brag....

deer.jpg

If this is better looking, then yes.

post-3138-0-41805800-1313619501_thumb.jpg

That's what I should have done in my post to Lark. Visual Aid. I don't know if Lark will recognize that tom in the picture though. Apparently, he looks a lot lower on the bird to identify them. :lol: