Sign in to follow this  
Elkaddict

Bulls rubbing.

Glassed 7 bulls this AM, 2 singles (about 300" bulls)were rubbed and the others(2-6x6, and 3-5x5) still in velvet. What's everyone else seeing?

I saw 3 smaller bulls together on Saturday and the smallest one had its velvet rubbed off. I tried to load a pic but it isn't working right now.

All my bulls on my cams are still in velvet (pines). I saw some fresh rubs in there though. I heard of 4 bulls in the cedars together that were clean this past weekend.

Saw 2 nice 6x6's this morning both with velvet, this is at 6800', just wondering if elevation (coolness) has any thing to do with it. Or is it like droppping, the biggest ones first?

I have yet to see a bull that is clean and that goes from a 350" type bull all the way to a spike. I have always believed that the bigger they are the earlier they'll rub, just like shedding. I've been in the cedars mostly around 5,500'.

Saw three 300-320 bulls partially rubbed off in unit 1 this morning, one bull was with about 60 cows and bugling/sniffing at cows already...pretty early to see that happening.

What a difference a day makes.....saw four rubbed off this morning.

Glassed a group of 6 bulls a cow and a calf, pretty strange group! The largest bull was pretty nice and the rest were raghorns, all with velvet. Saw a pretty good bull a little while later that looked like it was chasing a cow, could have been spooked but didn't see anyone or thing that would have spooked them. This was in the 6000' range. Kind of looked rubbed but was too far off to tell.

I saw 290" 6 pt rubbed today, also a 330 type bull completely clean as well. Saw a lot of smaller bulls still in full velvet.

Checked my trail cams today,and had a 325 bull rubbed out.Seen a few trees torn up.Allthe rest of the bulls on camera are still in the velvet.

Glassed a group of 6 bulls a cow and a calf, pretty strange group! The largest bull was pretty nice and the rest were raghorns, all with velvet. Saw a pretty good bull a little while later that looked like it was chasing a cow, could have been spooked but didn't see anyone or thing that would have spooked them. This was in the 6000' range. Kind of looked rubbed but was too far off to tell.

Saw this bunch this AM, only 5 bulls and 3 were rubbed. Pretty sure with what everyone is reporting it's just a matter of a few more days and they'll all be ready to whip up on some trees.

Saw a herd of about 10 bulls yesterday evening in unit 7 off of Hwy 180 near the snowbowl turnoff. I'd say at least half were rubbed, one was rubbing. The biggest was a small six, most were 3 and 4 pointers.

The big one's are done rubbing, they are starting to gather their heram. Big bull's just starting to come out of hiding