Sign in to follow this  
Bones

unit 8 draw

Hey guys. I drew tags with my family in unit 8 for the late October early Nov Mule deer hunt. Planning on doing some scouting soon. Any suggested starting points would be greatly appreciated. Planning on holding out for the big guys. Thx

Scout A-LOT! We got that hunt last year. My buddy swears by that unit, and we've been for everything there in the past few years. Last years deer hunt was horrendous though. If i can recall i only heard of 4 deer. we followed some does but never found any bucks.

Now that i scared you.... we always went through town, and then out 4th st ( Which turns into perkinsville rd which is also county road 73). Camped back in the locket tank vicinity. here is lots of water on the east side of Co73 (tanks, white horse lake, jd dam) so just have to work he spots. Forest road 108 (on the west) will work back up to I40 so theres spots and tanks back that way.

The western area of he unit (by Ash Fork) is all scrub cedar, or so im told. Never ventured that far west.

Kaibab NF has closed a lot of secondary rds- restrictions on motorized accsses/parking etc - contact williams forest ranger station for maps - its your responciblity to know and obey! 0 tolerence - just a heads up!