Wow Tommy!! You must have some awesome locations for your treestands. a 110 and a 120 and several others over 100. Wow, what a season. I sure know how it feels to be so close to killing a buck and having the deer not take those few more steps. Pretty frustrating, but wow, what opportunities you have had!!

Good luck tomorrow!

Amanda

;) Tommy sounds like a super hunt so far! Just to be in the woods and be able to observe what you have already is AWESOME. Gives me goose bumps just thinkin about that monster buck. Best of luck on your last day my friend. I'll talk to you after your hunt is over.

I sat my stand for 5 hours yesterday never seeing a deer. But my Monarch friend wasn't going to let me leave my hunt without seeing him one more time. I dropped of the ridge and hit the saddle,I decided to take a break and adjust the treestand, it was rubbing a hole in my shoulders. Anyway as I started up the next ridge I saw the Monarch not 25 yards from me in the thickets. I guess he was just waiting for me to take one more good look at him, the second he saw that I saw him, he was gone. It was actually funny as I watched him bail off the mountain.

All in All I say it was a successful hunt. I hope to draw this tag again next year.

:unsure:

Sounds like a great hunt Tommy :unsure:

Are you going to setup your trail cam and try and get some pics of that monster. Won't be as good as tagging him but some pics would be a good consolation.

Man, what a hunt Tommy! I would have to say it was a successful hunt also. Just knowing how close you came to taking a world class buck gets my blood pumping. Next season can't get here fast enough, can it?

Scott

Tommy, sounds like you had a great hunt. You're a very patient man is all I can say. Sitting in a treestand for days takes a lot of dedication and like I said patience. I have no doubt, that it will pay off big time for you on a huge buck in the years to come. And when it does happen, it will be sooooo sweet!

Travis

Tommy, way to hang in there for a big one. It sounds like you had a great time. Do you know if anyone killed any big bucks? I know several folks that had tags but haven't heard how any of them did.

Kevin

Thanks for all the comments. I'm already looking for other potential locations for next years stands. ;)

I've heard of a few bucks taken during the burro hunt

92" By Jonathon Otero

101" Pat Finch

45" Scott Robertson

Possible 110" by Mike Leonard, he shot it in the last week i don't know if they ever found him.