BigWave

Do you use 10x binos for Big Game Hunting?

Do you use 10x binos for Big Game Hunting?

If so, what brand do you use? Specifically looking for what 10x40 or 10x42 type bino you're using.

I'll start with my 10x42 Swaro EL's.

For open country, 10x then 15x. Leica Duovids 10-15x50

I find the fov too narrow for the elk woods though, so got a pair of Zen-Ray 7x36 ED2 for the timber.

• Like 1

I have a pair of 8X32 swaro's that I like for under 500 yards and hiking. Over that and I am usually setting up a tripod.

I use my EL 10x42 on a tri-pod for glassing while sitting and wear the same binos for hiking and stalking. They do just fine for both. That said, I do like the 15's my cousin uses for coues searching.

I use Geovids, Zenray ED2s, ans Monarchs in 10s. Mainly around my neck. 15s for the tripod. If I'm with a couple guys glassin, one of us will swith to 10s or 12s on the tripod so we all aren't looking at the same country.

I use 25-year old 10x50 Swarovsky binoculars most of the time, but I also will use a 20X Leica spotting scope. The Mattausch family can outspot me any day of the week with their 15X Zeiss binoculars, though.

Bill Quimby

10x42 vortex vipers mounted on a desent tripod with a great fluid pan head. I hate to even hold them any more.

My "Go-To" binocs are my Swaro 10x42 SLCs. I wear them with a harness, but they have the Jim White tripod adapter, so I can easily pull them off and stick them on a Slik Sprint tripod. I really like this setup because it's light, simple and very effective.

Depending on the hunt, I may also carry my Swaro 15x56s in my pack with the same Jim White tripod adapter. If I need to slow down, glass further out, get more detail, the 15s go on the same light tripod. It's kind of like switching from binoculars to a spotting scope, only I can't look through a spotting scope for very long, and the slik tripod is great for up to 15x binoculars, but a spotting scope requires a lot more tripod.

I use a similar setup for my kids. Vortex 10x binocs, a Slik Sprint tripod and a Jim White adapter. It's an extremely efficient, light, inexpensive setup.

10x40 ziess and 15x swaros in my pack

I have a pair of Alpen 8x42's I wear with a bino harness, and Minox 15x58's for the tripod.

I have the 15x56 swaros set up on my new Promaster c429w carbon tripod with a manfrotto 701hdv head and thats for sitting and have a 8x32 vortex monocular for stalking. I do also have a slik with a jim white but don't use it much anymore and really thinking about selling the whole set up if anyone was interested.