Guest Ernesto C

Amanda I told you..............you are the boss!! and specially when is about hunting.You'll get the big one,you deserve that and more.God bless.

Ernesto C

Well, I went out yesterday morning and this morning. Yesterday was not great. Saw maybe 7 deer and at least 6 were running and spooked. 2 of the deer were spikes. 1 of those 2 was a trophy spike! It had like 8 inch spikes that curved in like an antelope.

This morning was a long hike in the dark to the area where I saw that nice buck the other day. I got in there early and glassed him up right away on the same mountain he was on the other day. He had a few does around him and he followed and chased them a little. Where they were I couldn't get to quick enough and quiet enough to get to them before they bedded. And I wanted to watch where they went to bed anyway to see if I could figure out where they went that day I waited for him on the hillside. They went to almost the same area, except a little higher. So I think the other day when I waited for them, that they were there, they just didn't move much at all during the day. Anyway, today I had some stuff to do today so I didn't have time (or the motivation) to wait for them again today. So I hiked back down. This morning I also had a fawn and doe nearby, but no buck with them. I think it was the same pair that was near the cliffs that I showed a photo of in the last update.

So this buck wins again today.......it's frustrating to work so hard and not get it done....at least it's good exercise and I always learn something about these deer when I go out. I still haven't seen him good enough to know what he will score, but looks like a decent buck. 95 inch maybe. I sure would like to see him closer up to judge him. His tines seem a bit short, but main beams seem to have good length and mass.

Anyway, here are some pics showing the hillside where the deer were today and the other day.

habitat-with-arrows-2.jpg

and here is a pic of the beautiful doe. She looked much nicer in real life than this photo shows.

beautiful-doe.jpg

Amanda

Well Amanda between you and Scott I'm having a pretty good hunt going along with the both of you. Thanks for extending my season :)

word to that! im wishin i was there with scott! i would have loved to chase that cat! you guys are gonna get one sooner or later!

Hang in there Amanda. You got him pegged now, so go back when you do have the time and you won't let him give you the slip again.

Well Amanda between you and Scott I'm having a pretty good hunt going along with the both of you. Thanks for extending my season :)

You said it deerslam, this is some good story tellin'.

Good luck Amanda, you'll get him sooner or later.

Guest Ernesto C

Agree completly but I will also include another great hunter: Danny Howard (coueselk)

Amanda,

hang in there, one of these days, probably tomorrow or the next, the estrus thing is gonna kick in and that 95 incher or a much bigger one will show up. Good luck and whack him! That country is absolutely beautiful.......thanks for the stories..........I'm enjoying living vicariously through you and scott's story telling.

Merry Christmas

c-1

Good luck Amanda :) Thanks for the updates. Riley wishes you goodluck also, Cant wait for the successful pics. :D

azyoung

Come on! Looking for more story here. Did I miss something? :P Is it over?

Guest Ernesto C

I think she's field dressing the deer..............................rigth Amanda................