Sign in to follow this  
arizonaelitefreak

7mm rem mag stock ammo?

hey guys im looking for a factory ammo that is going to be a good stock ammo for my 7mm. I dont have any brass to be loaded or I'd be looking for a load recipe, but for now im just looking for a factory ammo that is going to group! What has your experience been?

Are you shooting a remington model 700?

This info is based on a model 700 , for what its worth my pet load is h1000 powder 70 grains, berger 168 grain , coal is 3.410 . velocity 2980-3000, with retumbo I was getting 3125 fps

My gun did not shoot cor- lokt (175 grain) very good at all, but my .243 model 700 loved federal premium barnes triple shock, I probably should try them in my 7mm mag , but it is shooting great with the bergers.

And at almost 50$ a box for the federal premium for the 7 mag ouch!

hope this helps

I know in the .270 Win./WSM I've been happy with the Federal Premium ammo. I like the Nosler Partition and Ballistic Tips. My guns have also shot the Barnes Triple shocks pretty well too. But it depends what your gun likes. It may like the Rem. Core Loks or maybe Winchester stuff. You probably need to buy about 4 or 5 boxes of different stuff and see what it does.

"I know in the .270 Win./WSM I've been happy with the Federal Premium ammo. I like the Nosler Partition and Ballistic Tips."

My 7mm (ruger) shoots both of these Federal Premium loads well. I have used the Ballistic tips on Deer sized game, and use the Nosler Partitions on Elk, and Oryx.

--Bill

thanks guys this gives me a starting point on where to start! no its the economy remington 770! just something to get me out there a lil further till i can fund an all out build!

thanks guys this gives me a starting point on where to start! no its the economy remington 770! just something to get me out there a lil further till i can fund an all out build!

My sako 7 mag shoot's it's best with hornady superformance sst ammo with the 154 grain,$35.00 a box at bass pro.

Another vote for Hornady if using factory ammo. No experience with the 7mm Mag, but can shoot 1" three shot groups at 200 yards with their 180 grain .300 Win Mag ammo on a good day. Only reload for that rifle if I want a tougher bullet.

I use Remmington express core lok with my Ruger 7mm. 150 and 175 gr. I will not spend all that $ on Federal ammo.

Remmington Express works just fine for me.