jlhcoues

pictures coming

Just thought I would let you all know about the pictures of the other bucks that we have on our game cams. I should be able to post them the first of the week when I get back off of my two daughters 27 bull hunt. By the way my same two kids has the youth hunt for 32 on the 25... any antlerd deer. Hopefully they will get the big daddy weve been watching

jlhcoues

Here is a picture of the possible 120" buck that my uncle got on the game camera. What do you think? Picture is a little rough, he said it has other kicker points not visible from this view.

post-19-1132255777.jpg

Hmmm

Not sure about this one. Maybe 120" but something about the the color looks odd. You are'nt pulling our legs are ya?

Hmmm

Not sure about this one. Maybe 120" but something about the the color looks odd. You are'nt pulling our legs are ya?

I dont know what your talking about . This buck was caught on our game cam. Maybe because it is a copy the color is a litle different but I assure you this is the real deal, Ill send you the pictures after my daughter takes him then there wont be any doubts.....az4life

The color looks wierd because of the flash. My cams do the same thing when the deer is standing close.

Great buck. Those eye guards are sick!

JLH, that is a great buck. Could you imagine being a junior hunter and getting that buck? Might as well pack it in after that because the chances of topping it are pretty slim.

As for 120", I personally do not think that buck is 120". I would say probably 115" Lets break down what that buck would need to get to 120". Lets say a 14" inside spread, thats 106". Divided by 2 is 53". 18" main beams brings us down to 35". 14" of total mass is a good number for a good, mature, heavy buck which puts us down to 21". I do not see 21" of eye guard, G2 and G3. 5"/5"/6" is 16" which is 110" total. 6"/6"/7" is 19" which would be 116".

Please do not get me wrong, that is an awesome buck.

In general, I would say we overestimate the live deer we see. Lets face it, 18" of main beam is a tough number to hit. 8" G2s and G3s are hard numbers to hit. 14" of total mass is a hard number to hit.

The day before my hunt in NM a couple of weeks ago, my buddy and I watched the buck I took the following day for over 2 hours. We swore he was 120". I even got him on video and we watched the footage that night. I was very fortunate in being able to harvest that deer and his gross score is probably right at 113". We had made the mistake of estimating his G2s at 8". They were only 5". There was the 6" we were off.

If someone had told me he was 113" I probably would have told them they were wrong. If I had known he was 113" instead of 120" I still would have gone after him and taken him if given the chance. Do I feel any different about my buck because he is 113" instead of 120" - NO.

That is a great, great buck you have there. It is kind of sad we get hung up on the numbers. I know I am just as guilty as most people. The fact is the minimums in B&C are tough numbers to crack. I also have an 80" anteleope. He is a great buck but 2" shy of the magical number of 82" - oh well - it doesn't make him less of a trophy to me.

I hope you are successful in finding that buck and your junior hunter is successful in harvesting him. To find such a great buck before the season, find him again during the season and then harvest him would truly be an incredible accomplishment.

GOOD LUCK - GO GET EM TIGER!!!

Make sure you let us know how it turns out. CB

What an awesome buck!!!! He really has that old gnarly look going for him.

Sundevil, I agree with your estimates, but you forgot to factor in the cheaters. I think I can see at least 2-3 inches from the picture and if there are additional stickers we still can't see as was mentioned in the original post then I think it's possible for this buck to hit the 120 gross mark. But..............you never know for sure till you put him on the ground.

Good luck!

That is a hawg of a coues. I think he sohould gross somewhere in the 115 to 120 range. No dought in my mind he is a shooter though

What a TOAD!!!! I Think you will get more than 14" of mass on each side. Gross or SCI you are looking at a 115+ buck IMO. I"d quit my job to kill that hog. Good luck!!!!

He's a TOAD no matter what ;)

He may hit 120 if all those stickers are scorable, they can add up fast.

Nontheless character adds alot to the score in my book. My best coues is not exceptional in point length, beams or spread but 32" of palmated mass give him that character to set him apart and turns my crank :(

jlhcoues

Sorry, but I had to ask about the color. With the photo programs available you just never can tell these days. What kind of camera are you using? digi?

Well I certainly hope you do tag him!

Would love to see the rest of that rack. Stickers and all!

He must have been very close so seems like you got a great spot!

Good Luck!