Sign in to follow this  
300 wsm

Helmets for kids

Guys I just wanted to remind everyone to make sure they have helmets on there kids if they are on a quad. My friend and I got tickets in unit 33 by Game and Fish for it. They said there is zero tolerance for it, and its an automatic ticket. Well I just recently went to court for it, cause I could not just pay the fine for it. Its considered criminal not civil. So you have to appear. So we had to drive all the way to Tuscon from Pinetop. I had bought my kid a helmet, and showed the judge my ohv pamphlet that I read, and she dismissed it. My friend's courtroom had a Prosecuter in it, and she had it out for him. She said they were looking at possible prosecution. The Judge ruled against prosecution, but he ended up having to pay a 600 dollar fine or take a parenting class, and traffic school. So make sure those kids are wearing helmets.

And now we know why Poachers have free reign out in the field... The G&F are too busy chasing down kids on ATV's...

hey - if anyone needs a helmet, check with Casey's dad. last time I was over there he had a whole bunch (closet full) from when Casey was a kid. I guess when your kid rides the short bus the school gives them out for free. maybe that is how he ended up a ua fan. Merry Christmas everyone!

And now we know why Poachers have free reign out in the field... The G&F are too busy chasing down kids on ATV's...

Not dismissing how important it is to have your child wear a helemt, those were exactly my thoughts...

IMO the kids should always be wearing a helmet riding quads, pedal bikes, skateboards or whatever! Protect the kids nugget never know what can happen. Good for you it was dimissed though.

hey - if anyone needs a helmet, check with Casey's dad. last time I was over there he had a whole bunch (closet full) from when Casey was a kid. I guess when your kid rides the short bus the school gives them out for free. maybe that is how he ended up a ua fan. Merry Christmas everyone!

On the short bus, everyone is cool becasue we all sit in the back!

Obviously Chris was picked on when he rode the bus... Us helmet wearers can be mean! Hence the anger.

I forgot to mention that we were driving the quads, not the kids. We were heading back to camp after hunting all morning.