i noticed when cleaning my winchester M70 today that the forend of the plastic stock flexes like crazy so i wanted to know can i do anything to stiffen it up like bed from the action all the way to the forend or am i better off to trash the cheap factory plastic stock and get something like a bell and carlson stock with the aluminum bedding system.

Your better off getting a new stock. You can however stiffen those stocks some what with JB weld and carbon arrows cut and placed in the channel. You can try this and see if it works well enough for you.

QC Coues Hunter I have 2 rifles stocked with the Bell & Carlson product, a .270 and .300 win mag. I have been very happy with them. You can order through Cabelas. I have called the B & C operation and found them to be very helpful. I would use this stock again if the need arises

I bedded mine for a better fit. There are many articles on bedding that will be helpful.

The best prices I have found on these stock was at stockystocks.com. Be careful though, sometimes there is a long wait for the ones you want. You will not know until you order, then its to last. Then they want to charge you for a restocking fee. Make sure they have the one you want before you order.

thanks for the advice i think im going to go with either a Bell and Carlson or a Hogue overmolded stock ive got plenty of time to decide while i try to round the money up for it. whats everyones take on the aluminum bedding i understand its not going to be as good as glass bedding but is it worth the extra money