Broken Wheels

Looking for a weapon

Need some assistance spending my money from the fire sale guys and figured who best to do this then you guys on this site!! Looking for a semi-automatic rifle for the wife to use on anything she hunts from coyotes to Elk and was wondering what you all have for ideas out there! Remington, Winchester, Beretta, Browning, Franchi, what do oyu think and what do they cost and where to get them from! I appreciate any and all feedback and may all of you have a very Merry Christmas however you celebrate it and for whatever you celebrate this time of year! (Easiest way to say it so's I don't hurt anybody's feelings)! Thanks... Broken Wheels :D

I have 3 BAR MK II's with the BOSS in the safe and highly recommend them, my youngest daughter used to shoot my .300wm with a 180 gr rd when she was 12. The combo of the semi-auto action and BOSS take the bulk of the recoil out, I usually get to see the game react to the bullet in the scope. Why don't you step up to a .30 since the recoil will be less, but I have to admit my first one was .270win, pretty partial to that round. Have no idea what they cost now.

Does it have to be a semi auto? And why so? Why not a solid bolt action (Rem 700 is my choice) in say 270?

+1 This is what I would go with also. Not a fan of semi auto's

.270 bolt, savage, tikka, or weatherby is what I would choose between.

WE all agree on the accuracy of a bolt action fellas BUT the wife is a tiny woman and isn't comfortable with anything else but a semi auto! WE all probably can agree that not being "gun shy" (pun intended) is the most important first step in getting a new person to hunt thus the reason I am hanging with semi's! She has shot all kinds of weapons and prefers the semi's thus I will gladly look that direction so she will hunt frmo time to time with us. My biggest question was who's semi is the best bang for our buck is all! I appreciate all your feedback just the same as always!! Thanks, Broken Wheels

First of all stop YELLING!!!!! Turn off the 17 font bold print.....we can hear you just fine without it! I highly doubt "all she can only handle is a semi-auto" but whatever.

If she "just must have a semi -auto" get her a Remington R-25 in 243.

First of all stop YELLING!!!!! Turn off the 17 font bold print.....we can hear you just fine without it! I highly doubt "all she can only handle is a semi-auto" but whatever.

If she "just must have a semi -auto" get her a Remington R-25 in 243.

I wouldn't recomend the. 243 for elk. Just my humble opinion however.

At proper angles (mostly broadside), responsible distances (250 and under), and good bullets (Tsx/Scicorro II's) the .243 is definately capable for elk, but those are alot of limitations. Ill just take my 300 wsm with 180 TTSX and have at it!