Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

kitty update

They used to at least have basketball to fall back on. Now they don't even have that.

Don't worry about our Basketball program it will be just fine. Miller is making the rest of the Pac-10 look bad on the recruiting trail, and proving to be a darn good coach.

As far as Football goes you may have pulled out a freakish win.......I guess I have to give you credit for that. However I would not talk to much crap......the Cats are playing in our third straight bowl game, and lead the overall series 46-37. Try scheduling some better opponents and maybe you guys would be in a bowl as well. B)

The bowl game with Oklahoma St. is going to be very interesting.

Did the Cats choke against the Devils? Yes. Did BYU kick our butt? Sure did.

The fact of the matter is ASU is NOT going to a bowl game (for how many years in a row?). And U Of A is (for how many years in a row?) Does U of A deserve to go to a bowl game? With the way they started the season, yes with the way they ended the season helll no. A bowl game is a bowl game which results in exposure, experience, and money for the school. And sitting at home watching it hoping the Cats lose is NOT better than playing in a bowl game. Talk about calling a spade a spade...

awww thats all you got huh? Im not allowed to cheer for U of A sense I didnt go there.. I just was born and raised in Tucson and a U of A fan, but sense I went to NAU I'm not a Wildcat. Well played, Mauer.

come on Dog - lets call a spade a spade. how about the freakish win in football last year by the kitties. would be interested in hearing more about how miller is making the rest of the pac10 look bad in recruiting. D Williams will be gone this year or next and the bright point of the program will be history. can anyone on that team play defense? not to hard to know who BYU's best offensive threat is and he still dropped 33. Although I guess that is an improvement from last years 49. lets not be sore. I think everyone knows the result of the Alamo bowl will be equal to or worse than last years Holiday bowl. Lets face it, if OR and Stan aren't in BCS bowls, the kitties are in a completely different bowl scenario and could possibly be competitive, as it stands now though, TOAST! finishing 7th in the pac10 does not equate to being competitive with a top 20 program. GO COWBOYS!!!

I will let Millers hard work speak for its self and answer your question about Arizona Basketball recruiting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=5592573

"ESPNU 100 PG Josiah Turner (Sacramento, Calif./Sacramento) has committed to coach Sean Miller and the Arizona Wildcats. The No. 3-ranked point guard in the 2011 class is the most physically gifted point guard prospect in the West, regardless of class."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=5477285

"What stands out about the No. 8-ranked shooting guard in the country is that he has the ability to grab a defensive rebound, push it ahead and look to score or find an open teammate. He is one of the best finishers in the country thanks to his toughness and ability to finish at the rim, along with the talent to pull up and shoot from 3 in transition. He also has point guard attributes and always seems to make the right decision. Plus, he's fantastic coming off ball screens -- scoring or creating -- and will be prevalent in the Wildcats' pick-and-roll game."

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-ba...dsidiki-johnson

"According to ESPN team affiliate site www.wildcatsportsreport.com, new Arizona head coach Sean Miller landed his first commitment from the Class of 2011 on Saturday when power forward Sidiki Johnson picked the Wildcats.

Johnson chose UA over interest from Kentucky, Providence, Xavier and West Virginia among many others."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=5859611

"After putting together the most impressive class in the Pac-10 during the early signing period, Arizona coach Sean Miller just received a great boost to his 2012 haul by landing junior PF Grant Jerrett, who is No. 12 in the ESPNU Super 60. Jerrett, from LaVerne (Calif.) Lutheran High School, chose the Wildcats over UCLA, Washington, Duke, North Carolina, USC, Texas and Kansas."

So lets recap........

Josiah Turner the 3rd rated Point Guard in the country

Nick Johnson the 8th rated Shooting guard in the country

Sidiki Johnson the 11th ranked Power Forward in the country

all in signed for the 2011 class.

Then he fallows up by signing Grant Jarrett who is ranked the 12 best player in the nation in the 2012 class by ESPN. And signs is highly ranked teammate Eric Cooper Jr. for the 2013 class.

I hope the ASU Basketball team and their fans have enjoyed the wins they have gotten against Arizona in their down years because starting now ASU will be back to being the Cats chew toy.

As far as the football game if you call kicking a field goal in the final seconds to win (thats what happened last year when the Cats won) as freakish as missing not one but 2 PAT's then you sir are misguided and I really question you knowledge of the game.

Listen I am not saying the reason the Cats lost is because of those two PAT's but it was a huge part of the game. The Cats did not capitalize on the opportunities (dropping three interceptions) the Devils gave them and it cost the Cats dearly. Plus the fumble didn’t help either. That’s how the cookie crumbles and ASU dissevered the win.

Yes UofA is very lucky to be playing in the Alamo bowl. However it is not all luck. They still put themselves in the spot to be chosen before any other Pact-10 team because of their record. ASU could be in the Cats spot and benefit from Oregon and Stanford playing in BCS bowls but for some odd reason they could not get bowl eligible. Hummm funny how that works. heck their last bowl was in 07. Thanks for playing

Spoken like a true admirer of UofA's history, SunDevil. Typical "fair weather fan" comments, as well. The basketball program played terribly against BYU but Fredette's no chump, no matter who he's playing. They'll pull it together. Why don't you do us all a favor and just "pin" this thread. We'll see how much you have to say in a couple of years....

Please for the love of all that is holy pin this thread.

SunDevil I didn't miss that play from last year. However I will give you that muffed punt AND the game winning field goal and that is still not as wired or unheard of as TWO missed PAT's in one game. How many football games do you see that has a muffed punt and a game winning field goal...........lots. How many games do you see that has TWO missed PAT's buy the same kicker. One to win the game and the other to extend the game in over time. This is the first I have ever seen and would guess it is the first for many long time football watchers and players like myself. If you don't recognize how rare and truly freakish that is I don't thank I know more football than you i am certain of it. But saying one knows more football than a Sun Devil fan is not somthing to grandstand about is it?

As far as 7th in the Pac goes what was the Sun devils Pac record 4-5. And the Cats you guessed it 4-5. So I would stop calling the Cats bad unless you will recognize how under achieving the ASU program is. Plus how many ranked teams did ASU beat this yrear? thas right none. One of the Cats 7 wins was against a top 10 (at that time) Iowa team.

Oh and very smart not talking about the basketball stuff I posted.

So because hes a senior he cant make mistakes? Isnt that part of football/basketball/life? Hmmm.... Lets call it a "freakish" win because a player made a mental or physical mistake.

And I'll say it one more time... A bowl game is a bowl game and it sure beats sitting on the couch, sticking pins into the U of A Voodoo doll asking for them to loose.

U of A 's football program was overrated all year long..The alamo bowl will show how overrated they really are..Blah blah blah they beat iowa, then what? All i heard all season was they were going to be pac ten champs...HUH ended season with same record as the DEVILs .... overrated????? How long is a rebuilding year in a U of A fans eyes???? Ive been hearing that for eight years... Talk to me when U of A has been to the Rose Bowl!!!!! GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! You die hards are comical. Although there are always exceptions to the rule, most die hards I ever knew didn't play a down, inning, or period after junior high. Even the rest of us are all "has-beens", living some other guys dream. Just accept the fact that YOUR team (UofA or ASU) is never as good as you think. Why do we even talk about it anyway? Bragging rights? What a joke that we care THAT much to prove which sub-par collegiate team is better.... Isn't there an animal to hunt?

How long is a rebuilding year in a U of A fans eyes????

So.... Hows that Dennis Erickson rebuilding thing working for you guys?

Guest 300ultramag.

i would put my money on the globe high school football team over any collegiate teams in AZ.. that way if they lose i can go to BURGER HOUSE and get a green chile mixed burro.

There is a lot of history between these two schools. Right now both get to brag about a number seasons of missed opportunities in a wide variety of sport, layoffs/hiring freezes and sky high tuition hikes. Do I have to hate one to be a fan of the other? I like when local kids get a place to shine. Carry on gentlemen. For the record I am a Lumberjack ’00, a Sundevil ‘03, and now live in Wildcat Country.