Im using a live trap and have a bobcat in the area (i have seen him crossing the road) but what is a good bait to use to get him to go in my trap? All I seem to be catching is skunks and 1 coon any ideas would be nice and very appriciated!!!

how big is the live trap? are you covering the intire thing with brush to camo it? are you putting dirt in the bottom of it, so it has a "sand" floor instead of a wire floor? i knew a guy that was having a cat get in his chickens and he put a live rooster in the back, but he had a big cage..... i would hang something from the inside, that looks like fur, ( remember game animal is illegal) a paice of jackrabbit fur would work, or you can go to wall mart and get a little bag of feathers, and then hot glue the ends of several of them together to make it look like a wing, and hang that from the top of the cage a few inches, with fishing line so that it "fluters" in the breeze, i have even went as far as gotton some of thoe "googly eyes" 1/4" or so and hot glued that to the fur/ or feathers.... dont know if this is necisary or not....but a buddy showed me it so i tried it...any good bobcat gland bait, and/or bobcat urine would work for the bait....

hope this helps. post pic when you catch him:)

tommy

I would use canned cat food, preferably SEAFOOD. You can even pick it up at the gas station up the street. PLUS CATFOOD STINKS REALLY QUICK.