5yearcoueshunter

Arizona Regulations

Guest Ernesto C

5yearcoueshunter it is illegal because is a archery ONLY tag and you should not have in possession a archery only tag when you are rifle hunting specially if a archery only hunt is going on on that particular unit,for example:

You are hunting this year in Az unit 27 for black bear with your rifle, but at the same time there is a archery only deer hunt going on in the same unit and you also have a archery only deer tag well don't carry with you the archery ONLY deer tag when hunting with your rifle becuase is illegal to have in your possession a archery only tag when you have a rifle in your hands.

That is exactly what hapenned to me about 5 years ago in unit 27, I was hunting for bears,a F&G officer check me and everything was ok. The next day I decided to get my bow and try to get a deer (I also had a archery only deer tag) well 3 or 4 days later I get to see the F&G officer again and I told him what I was doing (hunting for both animals) At that very moment he told me:make sure that when you hunt for bears with your rifle not to have your archery only tag in your possession becuase you will get in trouble and he explained why :lol: Holy Caguamas I said I was doing the wrong thing with out knowing!!!

I may be wrong 5yearcoueshunter but I will call the F&G office today and ask them, or does anybody knows better?

Later and God bless you. Ernesto C

Catclaw

My hunting buddy and his wife hit an elk with there car about a month before his archery elk hunt. He was told by the officer to have his wife tag the elk so he could still hunt in September. I think that is your deer, elk or what ever you kill for the year if you tag it.