Sign in to follow this  
ThumpinCR

Left Overs

We picked up 3 left over tags for Southern AZ early Nov Coues.

My brother-in-law Jeremy found this buck on the second morning moving through an opening. He initially guessed him at about 85 and decided not to go after him. Later that day he decided the buck needed another look and he made the decision to go and try to find him again. He set up with a vantage point of where he thought the buck was traveling. It took Jeremy all of about 5 minutes to find the buck again and he decided it was worth shooting. He shot the buck at 240 yards. Bucks scores right at 100. He was by himself when he shot the buck, thats why pictures are only of the deer.

post-2297-1290188048_thumb.jpg

post-2297-1290188079_thumb.jpg

post-2297-1290188158_thumb.jpg

I glassed this buck up on day 5 of the hunt. We watched the buck bed and had to move in to get a shot. The closest we could get without losing a vantage on him was 570 yards. I have practiced out to 600 yards so I was confident I could make the shot. I got set up, we could only see the bucks head so I had to wait for him to stand up. Well fortunately I only had to wait about 5 minutes. The buck stood up facing directly away, well like a good buck he turned broadside and I touched off the weatherby, Jeremy watched the bullet smack him. Taped him later that night at 78.

post-2297-1290189242_thumb.jpg

We were ready to head home the next day so Chris decided to go ahead and shoot the next buck found. At least come home with some meat. This little 2 point decided to give Chris a 409 yard shot. Chris set up for the shot and touched off the 250. I was able to watch the buck drop in his tracks.

post-2297-1290190812_thumb.jpg

At Camp...

post-2297-1290190873_thumb.jpg

post-2297-1290190905_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Good looking bucks! Looks like it was a great decision to get another look at that first buck! Congrats.