Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

How do you get the deer blood smell out of your backpack?

Pack out a javelina in the same pack. You'll never smell the deer blood again.

I am sure there is more than one person out there who wishes they had the same problem. I would try soaking it in a tub with the scent killer detergent for a few hours, rinse it out with a high power shower head, and then hang in outside to dry for a day.

First you need to put it in a plastic garbage bag. Then put it in a cardboard box and wrap it with Christmas wrapping paper. Then put one of your favorite hunting friends name on it tell him not to worry about the smell it will go away after awhile. :lol: Congrats on a sucessful hunt.

No excuses. Your hunt ended how long ago? Read the Forum rules... Thats the number rule. Post up story/pix ASAP.

+ 1

To which, nevertheless, I shall append one further answer anyway: Stop Bragging! :lol:

Good problem to have. But seriously, post pictures.

This post reminds me when I left the heart and liver in one of my day packs. A week or so went bye and I started accussing the wife of not cleaning up after the kids she does daycare for. I said there has got to be crap on the carpet in the hall way and it's starting to stink to high heaven. I walked into my den a couple weeks later and about lost it. The smell would not come out and I threw a perfectly good pack away. :(

TJ

Try this belive me it works!!! use any of your favorite hunting sent killer laundry soap and add a half cup of vinager to the wash it will get the smell right out it also works for that moldy smell in your clothes when you forget to putt them in your dryer for a day and open up the washer and have that sour smell .Its alot cheaper than getting all those fancy soaps .Just remeber when your backpack has that not so fresh feeling use vinager and water and have a masingil fresh pac LOL :P

Take your pack to a coin operated laundry. Use the commercial front end loader machine. Will cost $5.00. Wash as you would normal lundry. I use cold water. Unzip all pockets. Let it run. Pack comes out perfect. Let it air dry.

Guest Lobo

The most important thing (IMO) is to deal with it as soon as possible. After the "death" smell sets in it becomes almost impossible to get out. It just has to wear off and that takes time. My friend has a pack that still smells. He kept it and uses it - says the smell covers his scent. I'd soak it overnite in water and vinegar. Then brush it with soap, rinse it and leave it outside to dry. Another friend will bury it for a few days. Of course this guy will stalk deer barefoot too. Yup! I have some crazy amigos. :ph34r: