josh

Grey Fox Rodeo

Made 12 stands this a.m. First stand just at light a coyote comes to 150yds and won't commit so I let a .17 fireball go and it thumps him. Nice big male.

113_0851.jpg

Next two stands are blanks. Start up the hill to some better scenery and thats when the fun really starts. Make two stands and have singles on each. Next stand as soon as I turn on the Minaska Big Country fox are running around everywhere. I cant get shots on the first three because they are running through the bushes like crazy. They finally give me shots and I end up with a triple. Next stand same thing fox all over and I get three. Made a couple more sets and actually passed on three other fox because I didnt want to skin any more animals.

113_0862.jpg

One of the greys had a cool white tip on the end of it's tail. It is the first one like that I have taken.

113_0861.jpg

That was an expensive day!!!! LOTS of 12guage ammo! I love gettin in to fox thick. Only done it a few times, but having three in on one stand is not unusual for fox. The are a blast!

That is a nice truck load of fur!! Only thing that would have topped it off would have been a couple cats to go with it.

When we used to trap we caught several foxes with the white tipped tail. I have called only one that had it. Pretty unique.

Congrats on a great morning!!

Brian

Great job!! Way to get rid of em!! ;)

Boy when you talk about dropping the hammer on some foxes you were not kidding.

Wow. I'm truly jealous!

cmc

:o Holy smokes Josh!! I would love to have a day like that let alone just a morning! And to think you let some walk. :o Congrats on a great morning and one that will be hard to beat!

-Tracy

Josh vs. half the gray fox population in AZ. Brutal display of predator hunting skill. The Minaska Big Country proving once again that simplicity in an electronic caller is the ticket to success.

Way to go Josh.

That looks like fun, AWESOME job!