Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Kid's 30B Hunt

We hunted hard for 4 days. Had a great time, we were in some nasty country and only saw 4 bucks. 2 of them were spikes and I tried to get the boy a spike on Saturday but he disappeared. Monday morning we saw another spike and he busted us on the stalk. Daughter shot this buck Sunday morning at 280 yards after a thousand foot elevation climb. The kids did a great job, and i could not have been more proud of them. Didn't see many deer and we hunted really hard. The nice part was that we didnt see any other hunters leave the road where we were hunting at all.

post-2541-1288318125_thumb.jpg

post-2541-1288318174_thumb.jpg

post-2541-1288318192_thumb.jpg

dang! thats a keeper.

nice job that a big one for 30b. where you hunt? dragoons? use to hunt it every year cause it was our catch unit

nice job that a big one for 30b. where you hunt? dragoons? use to hunt it every year cause it was our catch unit

Yes it was dragoons. Nice looking country

Yes it was dragoons. Nice looking country

very nice i may hunt with my bow if i get a chance this winter

Glad to see a nice buck come out of the Dragoons. I was raised in that unit back in its prime. I think it is just about time to check out some of my old haunts to see if the deer have gone back into them again.