Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

Bobcat Question???

I have a question for you guys. I got this cat on trail cam this week, and would like to try and call him in. Will he stay in the same area, or will he move on. This spot has lots of water, and shelter, and I imagine there is plenty for him to eat. Looks like a very spotted cat.

Let me know what you think.

MDGC0109-1.jpg

MDGC0110-1.jpg

MDGC0111-1.jpg

I think a load of BB needs to find its way into him.

Heck yeah! There's no reason NOT to start there, in my opinion. I remember hearing someone who knows cats say that an area that has produced one cat will produce another...so if you don't get that one you may get another. I know where I'd be calling if I were you.

That could be a real high $ cat in a couple months. You should take me in there with you and we could call that one and a couple more in.haha

"they" say, a cat will make its rounds every ten days or so.... would be interesting if you get any other pictuers, and if it matches that pattern or not.... if you could "pattern" him then you'de have a better chance of what day to go back and call... up your odds a little.... having said that, yes he will be around somewhere close, and yes there will be other cats.... he made a pile there, is that a "cat toilet" meaning was there other old cat scat there, or was that the first cat scat you see at that spot... if there is old there, then it is a regular toilet that they WILL be back to at some point. if it is new, then i'de still say when he makes his rounds again he will do his thing there, and so will other passing cats.... and if there was a cat there at some point then there will probably be one there every year, unless drastic drout or fire or something happenes. there is food, water, thick cover... there is cats.... i have caught a cat in the exact trap, in the exact location 3 years in a row, and in a month or 2 i'll garuntee ya i'll catch one this year in that exact same trap and set up.....

give me a week or 2 in your spot and i'll have that cat for you :)

good luck it is a nice looking cat, if you give him time to fur up.

tommy