GWBowhunter1

Rifle rest

Harris s-25c. Its short enough to shoot prone, how I prefer. Its also tall enough to shoot sitting in some situations. If I dont have my harris I shoot off my pack and coat. The harris work realy well for long range stuff. They are bulky, but mine still fits in my gunslinger no problem.

I use a SnipePod for most of my hunting. It is super lightweight, but stays OFF my gun until I need it, then it securely attaches to it. It attaches via their SSU, which mounts to the sling swivel. I have a separate SSU on each of my rifles including my .17HRM, muzzleloader, etc. so I never have to worry about switching parts and pieces. I use the SnipePod primarily for sitting or kneeling shots.

For longer range shooting I use the Outdoorsmans Rifle Rest and Longrange Rear Rifle Support on my Outdoorsmans tripod. I always have my tripod with me, and the tiny amount of extra weight provides an outstanding rest.

This is where K.I.S.S. applies. (Keep it simple stupid!)

Bi-pod and a rear bag or day pack. Simple, light weight, quick, reliable, very effective and cheap.

I keep a harris bi pod on my rifle always . I always hunt with shooting stick. And the gun claw with my glassin tripod. Cause some times you have the time to set up and sometimes you don't.

I like to have options

prone with a bipod and rear rest (pack works fine) is about as field steady as a guy can get. I also have the 5-25 so I can use it sitting, but I only feel confident out to 400 seated. Oftentimes the grass and brush is too tall to even get a seated shot, so I carry the gun claw on a 701HDV head and a relatively stout tripod as well for shots where I need to get higher. The claw with a rear rest is pretty doggone steady, though not nearly as nice as prone with a bipod. With the claw standing (no rear rest I'm pretty consistent on steel out to 500. Seated with a rear rest buys me a couple hundred more yards.

Hope this helps,

Schmitty

• Like 1

prone with a bipod and rear rest (pack works fine) is about as field steady as a guy can get. I also have the 5-25 so I can use it sitting, but I only feel confident out to 400 seated. Oftentimes the grass and brush is too tall to even get a seated shot, so I carry the gun claw on a 701HDV head and a relatively stout tripod as well for shots where I need to get higher. The claw with a rear rest is pretty doggone steady, though not nearly as nice as prone with a bipod. With the claw standing (no rear rest I'm pretty consistent on steel out to 500. Seated with a rear rest buys me a couple hundred more yards.

Hope this helps,

Schmitty

+1

I like the Harris bipod because it keeps my rifle up off the ground and ready to grab.

In the past we have had great success shooting off backpacks, or double tripod systems.....both sitting and standing. I have just purchased the Claw to put on my Jim White head and it seems awesome so far... more testing in the next couple of weeks before the rifle hunts start. ;) Hope to have 2-3 kill photos with this new set up by Dec. 1st! ;)

This is where K.I.S.S. applies. (Keep it simple stupid!)

Bi-pod and a rear bag or day pack. Simple, light weight, quick, reliable, very effective and cheap.

my thoughts, exactly, I can get rock steady like this everytime.

about 8 times out of 10 I will shoot prone with just my backpack if terrain etc allows. If time and terrain permits, I really prefer rear backpack with front harris bipod for those reach out and touch shots. :)

I love the Harris Bipod they connect to your rifle and are great for just setting your rifle down while glassing!

Since I usually have at tripod for glassing, I have added the 701HDV head and have the GunClaw attached to the gun ready to swap out with the binos. Just used the Claw on my WY antelope hunt.

In the past, I have used the 25" Harris, Steady Stix, and a Daypack for rests

Two weeks ago I went to the craft store and found Styrafoam pellets, went home and emptied the sand out of my Caldwell shooting bag and stuffed the styrofoam in instead.. It has gone from 6 pounds to 9 ozs. It has a nice loop on it so I can strap it to my pack. Along with my Harris bipod, I have made shots out to 725 yds. Very happy with this set up.

Mike