Sign in to follow this  
gnoto

Baboquivari Mountains Nov Hunt

My uncle spent a lot of time hunting here in the 60's. I think one of the Coues he has on his wall in Tucson is 120+. I will get a picture someday.

He claimed it was the best place he hunted Coues. I have always hunted the South side of the Unit. North of Arivaca Rd. Cerro Colorados' and lower end of Serritas. Do any of you have any info on getting into and out of the Baboquivari Mountains. I see I can come from the North, but Iwas hoping I could come from Arivaca for a day trip during the hunt week.

gnoto,

Aren't the Baboquavaris in 36C and Cerro Colorados and Sierritas in 36A? Maybe I am just confused.

Lee

yeah i do not think the bobos are in 36b, i have never hunted there but i have seen sheds and skulls from there from our long time hunting partner and there are some big ones taken out of there.

Thanks for the info.

To clarify I am hunting 36A rifle Nov. I intend to spend most of the week down there and was thinking of spending a day scouting a new area. For future draws or over the counter Bow.

gnoto,

I get it. Hey, in Tony Mandile and Duwayne Adams book, "How to Hunt Coues Deer" there are informational pieces about all the main Coues deer areas in Az. As I remember it there is a part that describes all the access roads into the unit off the Sasabe Road with the names of the Ranch Roads and even the mile markers. Sounds like a pretty good way to get to know the area.

Lee

i forgot about that. i will go look

GN

• Like 1

If you go in there make sure you have a lion tag and rifle with you B)

Hey guys how can you expect gnoto's uncle to remember what area the mountain ranges are in? Read closer, he "hunted" B) there in the 60's, so maybe those hunting trips really were trips! :unsure:

he hardly remembers he is my uncle

I spend my time in Southern 36A. North of Arivaca Rd. Usually mile(lkilometer) marker 17 or so. Some times I head west into the Cerro's sometimes North across the plains. There are a few spots that are unbelievable. If you have a chance send me an IM I would enjoy a chat with somebody who knows the area.

Last January I was up by the Champurrado Tank heading to Lobo Peak just before dark. I was sitting on the East side above the Tank and I watched 3 Archery hunters moving South along the hillside. With no less then 25 Coues behind them. I tried to get tehir attention but they were heading out. It was something like I have never seen.

Batamore Hill. That ain't no hill!!!

gnoto-I like the sierritas also. I'm glad they blocked the road to the mine from McGee ranch it should make it better for those that get out and walk a bit. I glassed up a couple of bucks on Red Boy peak and then missed a shot, at least I got a Nov. hunt, hopefully Oct. hunters don't get him. I've spent a little time in the cerros but haven't spent anytime in the Las Guijas (sp). I think I'll spend some time in down there in Nov. Anyway, I sure can't wait until then.

I spend my time in Southern 36A. North of Arivaca Rd.  Usually mile(lkilometer) marker 17 or so.  Some times I head west into the Cerro's sometimes North across the plains.  There are a few spots that are unbelievable.  If you have a chance send me an IM I would enjoy a chat with somebody who knows the area.

Last January I was up by the Champurrado Tank heading to Lobo Peak just before dark.  I was sitting on the East side above the Tank and I watched 3 Archery hunters moving South along the hillside.  With no less then 25 Coues behind them.  I tried to get tehir attention but they were heading out.  It was something like I have never seen. 

Batamore Hill.  That ain't no hill!!!

I have hunted all of these areas the last three years and will again in November. I am probably going to concentrate a little more in the Colorado's though.