Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

Ranch raised Horse

Looking for a horse to hunt off and ride The mountains and desert here in AZ. WOuld like to find a Ranch raised Horse that is good in the mountains. I hunted off Horses most of my younger years. And roped all my life until i was maried So I do know horses. What i am looking for is a horse that i can hunt off of and also put my kids on and let them ride around camp. let me know of any you may know of. I may also use my 2001 polaris trailboss as a trade or even part trade if someone was intrested. My brother has his rope horses still but they do not make the best hunting horses. they will get us by but i need to get my own again. Thanks for any info out there.

25-06 Yes i saw this horse. I spend many hours looking over the horse and mule section on that site. (as well as the rest of the site) that is part of the reason i am needing the horse. My busted up 38 year old body just does not have the knees to chase our hounds to far. And my deer hunts are getting harder to do also. can not pack it all on my back like i used to even a couple years ago. those guys sure do put out some good horse flesh on the hound site.

This one's up in Idaho. She's very athletic and can keep her feet in the mountains but not sure about how she is with inexperienced riders.

http://boise.craigslist.org/grd/1926462511.html

Her owner and I have known each other since we were kids. So if you're interested in the best deal, let me know. ;)

Oh my goodness she is a dream for sure. What a looker too. I wish I had that much to spend. She would be worth the drive.

What's up with all this "horse" talk man? You need a well broke Mule, nothing better for huntin'!

I find that a well brokegood mule is harde to come across that a good well broke horse. If I could find me a mule like you have in that photo with that guy named GEORGE ridding it for the right price I may just have to bite. If you get the wrong mule you are in for a life long fight that the mule will win. But most horses can be retrained .