Sign in to follow this  
AzHuntingAddict

Vortex Diamondback Vs. Leupold Acadia Bino

So I am looking at the working person class of binoculars. I have been looking at the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 binoculars and the Leupold Acadia 10x42 binoculars. Both within the same price range (230$). Vortex has an awesome warranty, but I hear Leupold has better glass. Anyone have advice for a newbie with a budget?

Vortex is better in that price range.....the Leupold glass at that range is not as good. If you can go up to around $300 i would check out the Nikon Monarchs. just my $.02. I hope it helps.....Good luck!

I had the Vortex in hand, then last minute switched to the Leupold as they were on sale. I am considering taking them back, but wanted to get some input.

Kind of a one-sided answer. I've never looked through the Leupolds you mentioned, but I have a couple pairs of the Vortex Diamondbacks in 10x42 and, and I think they are great glass for the price. As my boys mature and I have been buying optics for them, I'm all about the Vortex. Good binocs, good rifle-scopes, great warranty. And if they tumble down a hill with them I'm not worrying more about the glass than their bodies. :lol: :P

i have the acadias and would prefer the vortex, ive put probably 40 hours of glassing behind them easy and my eyes dont get tired but im young. but they just dont seem to ever want to focus quite right, it will be clear in the very middle but not so much going on the outside rim. i can glass well with them but.... would prefer the vortex. jmo

Yall are just confirming my gut feelling about the choice I made. I think I am heading back for the Vortex. My brother in law found a great deal on the Fury 12.5x42 bino so I am thinking on going for them now. Thanks for the input.

Io don't know of this is the deal you found but Doug is selling therm on this forum for 199.99 free s and h and a Bono harness can be added for 10 bucks, might be outa stock since it's liquidation, but I ordered a pair took fm to the rim and LOVE them!