Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

elk ( big game) hauled out w/ horses

anyone need there elk (or other big game) hauled out w/ horses? sent me an e-mail and we can get it all set up. more looking at units 1, 27, 3's, 4's, as these are closer to Taylor, but will consider any other units. This service lets you hunt farther from the road, without worring about how your going to get it out once its down. As we all know that is a big chore. Having said that i do have to be able to get my horses to your elk/big game, there ARE places a person on foot can go, that a horse can not.

good luck

tommy

To anybody wondering about Tommy his horses are great and he is an absolute pleasure to have in hunting camp. We had him come out with his horses last year for our hunt in 23 and it was great. It would have taken forever to get my buddies bull out and we got it out in a couple hours with Tommy's horses. Ever since the hunt Tommy has become a good friend and we have started hunting together quite a bit as well. I would recommend him and his horses to anyone. On a side note he is a dang good taxidermist too. He is mounting my dad and I's turkeys that he helped us kill in unit 1 this spring.

thanks Matt,

nothing like getting to know new friends, and it has been my pleasure getting to know you and get to do a little hunting with ya!

when ya coming back up for goats? i put in for that friday off, so should have another pair of eyes for ya, and we have been getting hammered with rain, the grass is looking great up here, everything is green. so hopefully put a little growth on them.

tommy

I will be up August 19th that Thursday evening. I am so glad you are coming looks like it is just going to be me and you. I have scouted quite a bit and have quite a few places and a bunch of different goats that I want to try and go after. You can be my spotter and my decoy holder as well. No matter what we will have a good time like we always do. Looking forward to it. I wish my dad and I had elk tags so you could come haul them out. Take care and I will give you a call next week to touch base. Take care and I hope that new baby is doing well and letting you get some sleep.

Any rough price estimate on say a 2 mile or so pack out? I got a Late November Bull hunt in Unit 1 and it may be of interest or need. Thanks.

i asked around to the few guys i know that do this and most of them i talked to do a flat $500.00 a day deal, if they get there in the morning and can get back out in the one day, its $500.00 if its late afternoon and they dont get it all done and have to go back the next morning then it $1000.00, i thought that was a little much, so i gind of varied it a little depending on how far i had to go, so price depends on of coure how far you are from my house , how long it takes me to drive there, and how far a ride it is back in, and how long it takes us to get back out. ect..... Unit 1, could take me from an hour, to the north east corner, vernon area, to 4 hours at the southern most part..... BUt a ball park would be say a one dayer, you call me in the morning, i drive up, ride in, we load up and ride out and i'n back home before dark. $400.00 if its latter in the day and we just get there at dark, and only get part out and have to go back in the morning i'de say $650.00.... for the 2 days.... if your real close and i'n only gone 4-5 hours from home, then i'de adjust accordingly, $300.00 or something..... i'de work it out with ya and we could weal and deal a little, i'm not set in stone.... BUt if its on a friday i will probably have to take a day off of work, and so i'de have to make up lost wages, if we had it all planned before hand, or if it was last minute, all of this would come into play..... ect.... if its saturday, then a little different story..... and If the timing was right i'de also bring my dad, 4 horses are a little hard to handle by myself.... so it would all depend on all of the above, but i'de do my best to make right by ya, and save you one heck of a lot of work. Them suckers are big! and they are a pain..... even with horses they are a pain ..... but if timeing was right me and dad would do ya a heck of a good job getting your elk out for ya/

thanks

tommy