Sign in to follow this  
monstercoues

I Drew an 18B Rifle Speed Goat Tag, Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have heard good things from people and ok things from people about the size of the bucks I am expected to find. Has anyone hunted 18B recently? What are my chances of taking a Booner?

My uncle had a tag in there last year they saw a few good bucks and one great buck. (He is still alive)

Oh yeah and my uncle drew that tag again!

23 years for a Goat tag and he gets 2 in a row. He was shaking his head when he told me he got drawn.

There are some good areas in that unit but hunting pressure will be tough to get away from. Just do some scouting and have at least 2 backup bucks, and 2 more backups of your backup bucks!

Why did you chose 18b?

The reason I chose 18B is because there were alot of tags and I had 14 bonus points. The units I usually put in for got alot of snow this year and I am sure they experienced a die off. I have a freind who knows 18B, but he moved out of state and can't make it on the hunt with me. I was just curious what to expect as far as quality bucks, since it took me so long to get a tag. I guess we can't all be as lucky as yout uncle haha.

Your 18B tag is a good one....We have taken some very nice bucks out of the unit with our best being 87 4/8" B&C. Be patient and don't forget to look in the trees!! Here is a photo of the big boy. He was 17 1/2" long and had great cutters! Good luck and enjoy a great tag!

post-2625-1274374109_thumb.jpg

I find it so funny that this is suppose to be a professional web site and all you people keep on disrespecting the species of PRONGHORN ANTELOPE by reffering to them as goats because this is a way to beautiful animal to be called a goat!!!!!!

I find it so funny that this is suppose to be a professional web site and all you people keep on disrespecting the species of PRONGHORN ANTELOPE by reffering to them as goats because this is a way to beautiful animal to be called a goat!!!!!!

They call them goats because they are most closely related to goats. They are in no way related to true antelope. It's a lot like callina javelina pigs. Do some biology homework Bucko!

What about Stinkpigs, Robert Kitties, Thunderchickens, carp deer etc? I don't think anyone means any disrespect to the animals bud. They're just funny nicknames. Frankly Mule deer sounds a like a funny moniker to me. Just sayin.

I kinda liked the "nickname" SPEEEEEDGOATS!

I also like carp deer, gray ghost, smallies etc.

No disrespect.

Good luck on your tag. The one pictured above is a brute!

16 bonus points and still no tag.

Antilocapra interpreted from latin literally means Antelope Goat, but if we're being technical they're related to neither species.

Guest 300ultramag.

wait... whose professional here? i want to know..... you gotta sift through all the bull here guy!!

quimby is of professional status... thats about it!! lots of personas.. thats all

Antilocapra interpreted from latin literally means Antelope Goat, but if we're being technical they're related to neither species.

I said most closely related meaning most genetically similar to goats. But your are right Eli (of course). They are unique. I believe they are the only species of their genus. One of a kind in the ungulate world. As far as I know they are the only critter with deciduous horns (not true horns). Pretty cool if you ask me.

Sorry to get Off topic, as for goats in 18B the only place I have seen them is Goodwin Mesa.

Helluva GOAT in that pic. He's a sod.

Scott show some respect, they arent goats ;)

I didnt know this was a professinal site?! Who here is a professional hunter?! I know I'm not....