Definately unpacking for me. Most of the other stuff adds more challenges and makes for a better story down the road. For the record I dislike shin daggers, cat claw, new gear that breaks the first time out, ruined tires, broken down rigs, seeing trash littered around, relying on a highlift jack, and wind.

well seeing hunter after hunter after hunter in the area your hunting (which i've come to find out doesn't matter after last season. because on the 2nd day i got up top a hill and saw 4 differnt guys on two hill sides in front of me going away. i turn back and there is a spike and 2x3 that was literally 200 yards from camp and all these fools waked right past em. good times now i shouldn't of passed on him at 100 yards.) wind. heat. illegal trash. and unpacking.

UDAs/dopers and their trash, ranchers who think they own public land, trail cams all over the place, working a buck all day and someone shoots at him from across a couple of canyons, wounded deer, atvs and tracks off the roads or on mtn sides and game trails, trash on mtn tops. I like hunting more than I dislike these things though.

Pretty much sums it up for me about hunting in this state.

What is the worst thing/least enjoyable about a coues hunt?

Killing them. They are gorgeous animals. It is a shame we have to kill them to put them on the wall. Other than that, getting on an airplane and flying back home to the fridgid frickin cold.

Trying to get a dog out of my line of sight while lining up on a Coues buck! :blink:

Probably the worst thing is A. Other people walking ridge lines blindly while trying to glass them. B. People (crowds in general). C. Wind D. Running out of Crown Royal and/or Pepsi before the hunt is over!

Killing them. They are gorgeous animals. It is a shame we have to kill them to put them on the wall. Other than that, getting on an airplane and flying back home to the fridgid frickin cold.

They are beautiful animals and they are great eating! Venison is some of the healthiest meat on the planet. I certainly don't kill them just to put them on a wall....

I would say the crowds of people would be my least favorite aspect, but then again, those crowds of people help me find deer! I just use all those people as a tool, sit up high and watch them. Make notes on where everyone hikes, rides or camps and then make notes on where they don't go, notice the small ravines or hidden bowls that nobody wants to hike into or climb up to and most likely the crowds have pushed wary bucks into those places.

Pretty much the only thing that REALLY bothers me about Coues hunting is waiting for opening day, that's rough!!! ;)

Not going again this coming season (unless my son draws a youth tag).

--Bill

They are beautiful animals and they are great eating! Venison is some of the healthiest meat on the planet. I certainly don't kill them just to put them on a wall....

I totally agree. However, I certainly dont fly 2500 air miles and spend countless dollars to harvest 40 pounds of boned out meat. Albiet, I certainly take the meat and enjoy it even if it costs 50 bucks per pound! :lol: I would be lying if I said I soley hunt them for meat.