rogeti

My SC Fish (Pics)!!!!

My Dad, brother and me went to SC in search of some crappie today and I caught one right off and then it was dead til noon til i gotta bite of a life time!!

post-3780-1270970644_thumb.jpg

I hooked him on my moms zebco 33 classic reel and her uncle buck crappie rod. well after 30 min of following him around and slowly and i mean slowly bringing him up i got him.

post-3780-1270970994_thumb.jpg

My foot is there for size and I wear a 10 1/2.

He weighed 48 pounds and was 43 inches long and 33 inches around. His head was 10 inches wide. This was the biggest fish i have ever seen and or caught!!! We got a total of 31 lb of meat off this big guy. The fillets on the sides were 3 inches thick and the belly meat was 2 inches thick!

post-3780-1270971281_thumb.jpg

Wow! Way to go. That fish reminds me of the time my brother in law hooked into one of those at Horseshoe Lake. We were in a coleman crawdad and it towed us around for about 15 minutes before it got tired. His fish wasn't quite as big as yours though. :o

You can't beat them 33 zebcos. That had to be a blast. Congratulations on your big fish and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

wow - that is some fish for sure! congrats. you will have to let us know how a big cat like that tastes.