Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

STEAK

STEAK  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite kind of steak?

• Ribeye
    • Tbone
    • New York
    • Sirloin
    • Tenderloin

LOL both you and yes often Sea Salt and pepper does just fine but sometimes it is good to mix things up and the Key to my Marinade is So Co ... (Southern Comfort for those wondering ) and from Steaks to Ribs makes a some heck of good eating.....

Oh and while on the topic Give me Venison back Strap over any Beef Cut

Marinading a good steak is blasphemy. And with "So Co"? Talk about making a bad thing worse... ;)

Ribeye all the way - patted down with some Zatarain's Creole seasoning - seared over mesquite and pink in the middle. Add a red wine or porter and a decent cigar and you'll think the angels swept you up to heaven.

Ribeye for me! With good'ol salt and pepper and maybe some garlic. Then some Blue Cheese crumbles over the top. Hard to find a NY or T-bone (same steak) with enough fat/marbling for me. On a Meat Cutters income its tuff to spend the money on Prime or Kobe Beef. :lol: Plus I would need to shop other then were I work so I will stick with a Choice Ribeye any day.

You guys ever watch a good "steak cookoff" in Texas - they literally melt a slab of butter or chunk of solid milk creme over it as it cooks. Not too good on the arteries, but some tasty eatin' right there.

Love a fat juicy ribeye. Marbled throughout, enjoyin the taste of the beef, not marinade. Add a little coarse ground sea salt and fresh course ground pepper. Love it.

Hit the nail on the head with this one.

I enjoy all cuts of meat.

Quality of the meat is what's important.

Kobe beef and USDA Prime are tough to beat.

Especially aged cuts.

If I were to choose just one, my staple is the rib-eye.

Seasoned exactly like Coues79 described, which is exactly how I prepared them last night.

(think I'm gettin hungry again) :P

Bingo!! Salt and fresh pepper!!! Med-rare... Perfect!!! YUM!!!!

Also, BowNut brought-up the blue cheese.... For me, maybe not so much directly on my steak but I LOVE a nice fresh salad on the side smothered in fresh blue cheese dressing (home-made...)! Of course it never hurts if they're on the same plate so the meat gets mixed just a bit with some of the dressing!! ;)

S.

:)

FAT MMMMMMM_H_MMMMMMMMMMM

OH MY! You guys are making me hungry!! I better go thaw something so we can grill it tonight!

I love ribeyes and porterhouse. I rarely buy either due to cost, but luckily I have friends who like to serve them to guests!

Amanda