Sign in to follow this  
NewHunter

Looking for a 270 or 300 short mag...

Welcome to the site and nice coues in your avatar. I have a tikka 30-06 and I like it, the synthetic stock on it is good for the long hiking trips on coues hunts makes the rifle light and its a strait shooter, no complaints from me about the tikkas. Good luck.

I have a custom built 270 WSM that will shoot under a 1/4 inch at 100 yards. it is on a remington 700 action stainless steel, it has been blue printed, pillar and glass bedded, aftermarket recoil lug, sako extractor, barrel and lugs have been lapped,trigger work, and i have a custom load for the gun shoots a 140 gr bullets at 3200 fps. this gun is a shooter and we shot one deer last year with it at 680 yards nice gun i would let it go without the scope for 1100

Thanks for all those that helped in the search, gave me advice, and offered their stuff to me. I found a rifle on this website and I think I got a great deal.

Weatherby Vanguard .270 with a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x40 scope. Total cost for the package was $600.

Next up is either some binos or a rangefinder. Not in the market yet, but will hopefully be in the market soon :)

Dale

that is a great price for that rifle with that optic on it.

Hope all goes well and many coues fall prey to your new gun.