I found this little honey hole up in 5B last weekend. I though I might get lucky, and get a couple photos, but when I picked it up on Saturday... I had over 50 hits! :) Unfortunatly, there is only 26 pictures on a roll of film. :( But take note on the date, they are all over a few days :blink: enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

And I even had a bear come in, any guess on age, and size?

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

Great photos bass! Nice bulls and it looks like a great spot for your camera.

That is impressive! :blink: So that is honey in the tank off to the left? I guess that is why the bear came in too! :)

I always thought a salt lick would be better than honey but now I know!

Great Photos! Super thanks for posing. hope you drew a tag in that unit!

Actually I didn't :blink: We drew in 6A :) But I still have a chance, I have a buddy who hasn't checked to see if he was drawn or not, I still have hope! If you notice, most of the bulls have their heads near that log standing in the middle of the photo. I fell, and broke my bottle of cow elk estrus there, I guess they found it!

Broke your bottle... now that is funny! I hunted in 6a back in 2001. My buddy got a 334 6x6 that year. It bout liked to kill me, and I wanted to kill him. Gave him a piece of my mind since he popped the bull right at dusk. He was so close to dark, I was back at the truck. Heard a shot and went to see what was up. Found him dazed from Scope Eye! Said he saw a big one and had his eye to clsoe to the scope to get a good look.

We hunted for that bull for 30 minutes all over that hill. Then we foudn him uphill, across a fence and behind a tree only 150 yds fromwhere he thought he shot at him. Took us until after midnight to get that bugger back into camp. Nice bull though!

Saw others but they were on the move and too far from us to get shots.

I never saw anything I could shoot more than a raghorn spike, which I passed on!

Anyway, if you need some ideas in 6a besides apache maid mtn and the lake area where everyone goes, PM me and I will point you a spot or 2 to try. We scouted that place HARD before the hunt. Still trying to get a tag there again!

ouch! Scope eye is the worst. This year on the Javilina HAM hunt, I let my unlce shoot my muzzleloader. He thinks he is a tough guy so I put three pellets in it (150gr. of powder) His first mistake was putting his eys right against the scope, the second mistake was putting the butt of the rifle UNDER his shoulder. When that gun went off he stood up with the stupidist grin on his face and he says "Did I hit it?" I was in shock, his whole right side of his face was covered in blood. :( :) I was scared to death, that he had lost that eye, but he was bragging about it at work for weeks. :blink:

BASS, greats pics. The bear looks to be 3 1/2 at most, maybe 175lb.

BASS, greats pics. The bear looks to be 3 1/2 at most, maybe 175lb.

That's what I thought, maybe 2 years old, and 150 pounds or so. I think I'll let him get a little bigger.

Bass, those are great pics. I hate to say this but if you had a digital you would have gotten to see all the animals that set your pir sensor off. None the less those are great pics and a very decent bear!

Bass, those are great pics.  I hate to say this but if you had a digital you would have gotten to see all the animals that set your pir sensor off.  None the less those are great pics and a very decent bear!

I know :( As soon as I saw the photos, and noticed that every photo had something in it I went to Bull Basin Archery Shop to see what they had. But they are sold out of the digitals until mid August. Also the little gun shop in Flagstaff had a cuddeback digital, but $400 was more than I wanted to pay. I was on a high, but not that big of one. :lol:

check out hagshouse.com....you can build an awesome one for yourself.

These work pretty good for $130.00 or there abouts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Moultrie-Game-Spy-Digi...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry, but there is no way on God's beautiful green earth that I am going to hang $400 on a tree. Especially this time of year when everyone is out checking waterholes, fence crossing etc.

wow!! those are awsome you guys are going to force me to go out and buy one of those things!! Were those in 5B N or S