Sign in to follow this  
azcouesfanatic

Mexico Adventure 2010

Hey Everyone,

Well I am back from Mexico and we had a great time. After hunting Mexico for several years my father and I decided to take both my 13 year old brothers. We were hunting with Javier Monge of Mexifari Outfitters. This was the 3rd year I have hunted with Javier and we had a great time. The deer were rutting but it appeared the big boys had not yet gotten fired up. On the second morning I was glassing a buck we called the big eye guard buck which Alex ended up killing two days later when I had a heard of pigs walk right up on me. Taylor could not resist and he put the hammer down on a nice pig.

That evening my father and Alex were out looking for a buck of there own when they spotted a young 3x3. Alex had never killed a deer before so it was decided he would shoot this deer. It was getting dark so Alex had trouble finding the deer. He made the shot and it sounded like a hit but no one was sure. They looked for the deer that night and did not find him. The next day however they found the deer only 50 yards from where he had shot it. This was Alex's first deer ever.

The next morning found Taylor and I looking over a big basin. I spotted three bucks on the far end of the basin so we moved closer to get a better look. Once we got closer I could not relocate the bucks so I started glassing again. I spotted a really nice 3x3 working a doe at 600 yards. We closed the distance to 408 yards and decided that would be as close as we could get. I got Taylor set up prone and turned the video camera on. When the buck cleared the trees Taylor made a perfect heart shot and the buck was down.

After Taylor shot his big buck Alex wanted a chance at a big buck. We all headed back to the location of the big eye guard buck and I was able to pick him up a short time after day break. The buck was always in the thick and would never step clear. The buck finally worked up through a saddle and out of sight. After repositioning to see the other side of the saddle we finally found the buck again. Again the buck would never step out of the trees. Finally nearly 5 hours after I had spotted the buck he beaded in a spot where we could see his vitals. I turned on the video camera and got the gun set up on the deer. Alex found the deer and made a perfect 300 yard shot and the deer just roled over in its bed. This deer has amazing eye guards 5.5 inches.

The next day was our last day to hunt and with both boys finished I was hoping to find a big buck for myself along with my father. That morning I hiked into some pretty amazing country and found a big old buck that had good mass but very short tines. Javier had explained that he needed some of these older deer on the down hill removed as managment bucks so I opted to take the buck. After one shot at 278 yards the deer was down.

That only left my father to fill a tag. It was going to have to be big or nothing. That evening we went out and an hour before dark I spotted the best buck of the trip. Unfortunately he went over a ridge and we could never relocate him. I guess the memories of that buck will bring us back next year.

Reflecting back on my coues deer hunting this year I have been part of 9 successful hunts with only one of the 9 bucks scoring under 90 inches. It has been an amazing year and it was awesome to hunt with my dad and brothers.

If you get a chance check out the videos on Youtube.

Taylor's Buck:

Alex's Buck:

I hope you enjoy

Brian

post-3635-1265576356_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1265576365_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1265576401_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1265576417_thumb.jpg

post-3635-1265576438_thumb.jpg

Outstanding Trip! Thanks for Sharing!! Awesome to see the kids out there getting it done! What a Great way to hunt together as a family!! Congrats to you all!!

Congrats to you all on some fine bucks! Great video footage as well. Awesome job boys!

Very good job with those young men! Alex had me laughing, I bet hes a character! I hope we see some more videos of those two in the future. Thanks for posting