Sign in to follow this  
GodIsGood

Paying a high price of speaking the truth in SC

COLUMBIA, S.C. – When things looked their darkest for Gov. Mark Sanford — when he was in danger of being impeached for running off to Argentina to see his mistress — his best insurance policy may well have been South Carolina's lieutenant governor, Andre Bauer.

Lawmakers knew if they removed Sanford, they would end up with Bauer, a fiercely ambitious Republican with a reputation for reckless and immature behavior.

Now Bauer has folks shaking their heads again, after he likened government assistance to the poor to feeding stray animals.

At a town hall meeting Thursday, Bauer, who is running for governor in his own right now that Sanford is term-limited, said: "My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed! You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that."

I say this same thing often - but not at town hall meetings when I am a trying to get elected to a public office. Perhaps he forgot that in SC the hungry animals actually vote... especially when you piss them off!

I believe he means if you keep giving people money through government assistance programs your just allowing them to sit on their butts and draw a paycheck for doing nothing your not helping anything but making people dependant on the government to provide for them, the part about breeding means that when you give these people money for doing nothing more and more people are going to want to get on these programs and get paid for doing nothing. I like his point but he could have used a better example.

I believe he means if you keep giving people money through government assistance programs your just allowing them to sit on their butts and draw a paycheck for doing nothing your not helping anything but making people dependant on the government to provide for them, the part about breeding means that when you give these people money for doing nothing more and more people are going to want to get on these programs and get paid for doing nothing. I like his point but he could have used a better example.

+1

Political leaders shouldnt have to worry about wat they say? thats how we got the goverment we have now they said wat you people want to hear not what they really think. Witch might give america more insght on just who they are

Same story as the bird feeder analogy that was on here last week.