Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Application Anxiety

Anybody out there get application anxiety, you grab about 10 applications because you know you are going to screw up more than once.

You get about half way through and make one little bitty mistake, decide to scribble it out and write the right number or letter next to it but then are affraid that the application will get rejected so you trash that one and start all over again????

Drives me crazy, sure wish we could figure out some way to get that online system set up again.......

They have an application form online that you fill out on the computer and then print out and then sign, and finally mail in or drop off.

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/HuntApplication.pdf

We have been using this application for the last year or so since it has been on the website. Dropped off our applications in Mesa Friday....keeping our fingers crossed. :)

What they need is an online form that you can fill out and if there are any errors (other than wrong hunt numbers) it will inform you BEFORE you are able to print it. Then when 100% acceptable, can be printed and mailed or dropped off. The pdf file they has does not inform you of any missing info.

That of course is wishfull thinking.

What they need is an online form that you can fill out and if there are any errors (other than wrong hunt numbers) it will inform you BEFORE you are able to print it. Then when 100% acceptable, can be printed and mailed or dropped off. The pdf file they has does not inform you of any missing info.

That of course is wishfull thinking.

If you mail it by a certain date, they will inform you of errors before it is processed. I forgot the date though. I think Doug posted it originally.

I wish this state had a way to apply online like Utah, way better. I too mess up writing in the unit number. You white out so much, that it is no longer readable.

i wish they would get the regs out earlier and completely do away with online apps

+ 100

I have made that comment several time here

and people still have not figured out why :(

My kitchen table is full of notes, old stats and draw odds. My wife thinks I'm crazy to put this much time into it......little does she know I have a plan:). I write all my hunt numbers and hunt dates out on scratch paper way before I even touch an application. It is a challenge making sure my hunts don't conflict with my wife's or my daughter's. All I need is for us all to get drawn in different areas at the same time..........

By the way, I noticed a huge decline in applications after the Game and Fish did away with on-line credit card apps. There were way too many people applying when they didn't have to front the money. We can not let the GFD bring that back. NO ON LINE APPS!

Now, if they have on line apps and also charge your credit card, that may work. But, I still think more people will apply. Writing out a check deters some people who just want to gamble........

i wish they would get the regs out earlier and completely do away with online apps

+ 100

I have made that comment several time here

and people still have not figured out why :(

I wish they would bring back the on-line application process (without bugs...)!!!! I love being able to fill-out applications online. Easy! I don't have to go the post office & don't have to go the Game & Fish office! Easy is good IMO!!!

Assuming they could do it in a quaility fasion (I build computer systems for a living.... They absolutely COULD do it, if they had the right plan & people...), I would be all for it on-line applications again!

S.

:)

PS: To answer your original question Sam; YES, I am just like you!! I get uptight about that kind of stuff!! Has to be just right! ;)

I don't know what the pressure is all about but I just have to be alone with a beer just to calm me down when filling them out. I'm so paranoid of making a mistake that I look at them at least a dozen times. I always wait til the last minute to turn them in so they are on top. ;)

I wish they would get with the times and bring the on-line back. Easier on the old ticker. :)

TJ