matthewp45

My San Carlos Hunt

matt,

yea for sure, let me know when your coming up this way and we'll go help ya call in some long beards, javelina is over so getting the itch for turkey now, so keep me posted when you come up this way, i've got a couple new ranches in new mexico that is supposed to have a bunch of turkeys on it as well, (at least according to the rancher) so looking forward to getting over there and checking his ranches out too.

hope your family is good as well, and that you had some great holidays.

tommy

Thats a cool looking buck... congratulations!

What a dandy!!! What a stalk too, Awesome!! Tons of character on that buck. Congrats

Matt,

Nice stalk to get the buck. Bet there was a little apprehension about what would happen and if it would be good when you finally stood up.

Doug~RR

Thanks again guys. Yeah, I was real nervous when I stood up. I had no idea how it was going to go down but that was really the best place to be and I had no idea how long it would be before he got up. I guess the luck went my way and he stood up looking the wrong direction. He never saw me or knew what happened. Man it sure was a rush. That part of the hunt makes it way more than worth everything that goes in to it.

Big congrat's on great hunt....hunting with pops...awesome buck...great memory's in the bag for sure... ;) ;)

the Havalon makes post "he's down" chores alot smoother... huh?

Oh that was deep Shayne but, at least I could read after graduating Yuma High. Over there at taco tech you guys were held to a much higher standard of being able to write your name in cursive so you could graduate. :lol: That Havalon knife is the best knife I have ever used field dressing an animal. When I was cutting the rear quarters off it cut the tendens like it was melted butter. I was amazed. I switched to the blunt tipped blades to cape him out and there was no meat left at all on the cape and zero holes. When the blade got dull about 20 seconds and I had a new one on pluggin away. It only took 2 blades to do everything but I could have easily done it with one. The blades are so easy to change at the first sign of dullness I changed. I would recomend them to anybody.