Jeremy, I have killed I think three coues with my 270 wsm (which, BTW, my gunsmith just got a $950 check from UPS to replace the stock!) My preferred load is 63.5 grains of H4831sc with a Federal GMM 215 primer, and a 140 Accubond. This gun and load has shot .138 at 100, and has held 1/2 MOA out to 500 yards on paper, from a bipod in the back of my truck. Insanely accurate. Give it a try and you will not be let down, I promise!

Jeremy, I have killed I think three coues with my 270 wsm (which, BTW, my gunsmith just got a $950 check from UPS to replace the stock!) My preferred load is 63.5 grains of H4831sc with a Federal GMM 215 primer, and a 140 Accubond. This gun and load has shot .138 at 100, and has held 1/2 MOA out to 500 yards on paper, from a bipod in the back of my truck. Insanely accurate. Give it a try and you will not be let down, I promise!

What scope do you have on your's?

i have an older 270 wsm. recently have bought couple boxes of 140 gr bonded and have worked pretty good for me.

4.5-14x50 Zeiss with target turrets. Love it!

It is about to get a new McMillian stock!

4.5-14x50 Zeiss with target turrets. Love it!

It is about to get a new McMillian stock!

Casey, are the turrets on the Zeiss the hunting turrets they offer or is it something else? What reticle do you have? You got me thinking about Zeiss now.

Winchester supreme BST 130 or 150 gr. are very accurate and work well in that Tikka.

my son had one for several years. really a neat rifle. we reloaded several different weights. he finally stuck with 100 grain hornady's loaded hotter than heck. liked how fast and flat they shot, and had incredible groups. killed many coues, muleys and several bulls with it. i think i'd use a 130 or 140 if i shot one tho. but them hunnerds scream!

i've shot a .270 for over 40 years and i like the hornady interlocks as good as anything. never had one come apart and they are very accurate and they aren't so stinkin' expensive. they don't have quite the BC as some bullets, but they are sufficient and there is no way any of the "premium" bullets will work better as far as the way they kill. there are so many good bullets anymore, that a guy has many options. the only thing i've never liked was any of the solid copper bullets. they are so slow the way you have to load them that they just ain't no fun. and i don't like how they work at all. Lark.

Yes, mine has the target turrets. They are outstanding!

I have the standard duplex. No need for anything fancy when ya got turrets. I LOVE it!