Tines

My December Buck

Seriously, thank you guys! It's been an interesting ride for the past few days. From people telling me I've photoshopped the tines to make them look longer, others telling me that there must be testing done to confirm he's a hybrid..............to the latest, "there's no such thing as a WT like that buddy!" :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'm etremely humbled, guys. I thank you for your comments and kind words. I hope all of you have an opportunity to watch a buck like this sometime in your life....maybe even wrap your tag around one. All I can say is there's more where he came from. I used to get discouraged when I'd exhaust all of my efforts to find a buck 10-15" SMALLER than him and wonder if it would ever happen. Just when you least expect it......I hope your ready because like my story read, I was as close as close could be to missing my opportunity.

That's really too bad that some people took the lower road - I don't know you, but from the posts here of people that do, it sounds to me like you had this buck coming to you, and guys like you and your buddy make coues hunting what it is. I hope you'll take the nay-sayers with a grain of salt and just cherish the amazing experience you had - don't let anyone take that away from you. Heck, there are bucks walking around today that would make any one of us shudder - and the guy who takes a great buck is always going to have to deal with a few jeers from the jealous types.

Congrats again, and thanks for giving us all an amazing story of friendship, hardship and ultimately triumph. Nicely done.

Seriously, thank you guys! It's been an interesting ride for the past few days. From people telling me I've photoshopped the tines to make them look longer, others telling me that there must be testing done to confirm he's a hybrid..............to the latest, "there's no such thing as a WT like that buddy!" :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'm etremely humbled, guys. I thank you for your comments and kind words. I hope all of you have an opportunity to watch a buck like this sometime in your life....maybe even wrap your tag around one. All I can say is there's more where he came from. I used to get discouraged when I'd exhaust all of my efforts to find a buck 10-15" SMALLER than him and wonder if it would ever happen. Just when you least expect it......I hope your ready because like my story read, I was as close as close could be to missing my opportunity.

That's really too bad that some people took the lower road - I don't know you, but from the posts here of people that do, it sounds to me like you had this buck coming to you, and guys like you and your buddy make coues hunting what it is. I hope you'll take the nay-sayers with a grain of salt and just cherish the amazing experience you had - don't let anyone take that away from you. Heck, there are bucks walking around today that would make any one of us shudder - and the guy who takes a great buck is always going to have to deal with a few jeers from the jealous types.

Congrats again, and thanks for giving us all an amazing story of friendship, hardship and ultimately triumph. Nicely done.

+1!!! Way to go Jake! Very happy for you! Bucks like that is what keeps us in our glasses Prayin for a flash of antler or a patch of white. Don't drop your head or qualify the nay-sayers.... they will never know what it is like to have a hunt like yours. ;)

If I "had" to go through jerks saying that kind of stuff, I'd gladly take it. Your buck has "coues" written all over it, no matter what anyone says. The idiots that think that have no idea what it feels like to hold that rack in their hands......... You do!! Way to go!