Tines

My December Buck

Yikes!

I pushed myself looking for sheds a couple springs ago like that.

I had to leave them eventually when i realized it was me or a few elk antlers.

Congrats on a monster buck.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Great story to go along with a great buck.

Reminds me of a quote:

"tough times don't last, tough people do"

Nothing wrong in reaching your limits, it's what happens afterwards that is the mark of a man. You sir are a man among men.

This is so much more than just a hunter and a deer, it's what's great about being alive and living when a lot of people are afraid of the world at large.

My hats off to you.

Awesome deer, awesome hunt, awesome friends --- how do you top that? Kudos all the way 'round ...

Jake i thought you said you were going to kill a big deer.um i guess take what you can get. holy crap good job brother.cant wait to hold that beast.

WOW, WOW WOW!! What a fantastic buck and a fabulous story to go with it! Congratulations to you and all your team. Is just......... I have no words.....congratulations again.

Ernesto C

what a great buck; great memories ( now), and great friends. what gun and load ? i am curious. thanks roninflag

Thanks! Im shooting a Tikka T-3 Lite in 25-06..... handloaded 110gr Accubonds with 51.5gr H4831sc

Jake i thought you said you were going to kill a big deer.um i guess take what you can get. holy crap good job brother.cant wait to hold that beast.

What can I say, I had a great teacher show me the WT ropes growing up!

Seriously, thank you guys! It's been an interesting ride for the past few days. From people telling me I've photoshopped the tines to make them look longer, others telling me that there must be testing done to confirm he's a hybrid..............to the latest, "there's no such thing as a WT like that buddy!" :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'm etremely humbled, guys. I thank you for your comments and kind words. I hope all of you have an opportunity to watch a buck like this sometime in your life....maybe even wrap your tag around one. All I can say is there's more where he came from. I used to get discouraged when I'd exhaust all of my efforts to find a buck 10-15" SMALLER than him and wonder if it would ever happen. Just when you least expect it......I hope your ready because like my story read, I was as close as close could be to missing my opportunity.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but I'll say it again....congratulations on a trophy of a lifetime and an awesome story to go along with it. Grong had told me about the buck when he got down to Mexico but seeing the pictures and reading your write up really brought it into another light. Awesome job you guys did on getting the buck and getting everyone out!

Jake, srry you had some negative feedback, I'm sure most was great though. It would be expected to get a little wispering and smart @$$ remarks when you down a buck like that.

Thanks for filling Cory and I in, your a good man. Yes folks, theres more of them out there.

World Class Buck, Congrats again!! We are lucky to have the opportunity to share in what is probly gonna be the highlight of your life. But don't tell your Ol' lady that ;) .

Crazy length on that deer. Sure looks bigger than 118, but definitely better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!

Super story and buck, Be sure you get that one up on your wall!