June

Border Units Reviewed.

It might slow down a little during this time with the UAs. What increases is the drug crossing. This is harvest time in Mexico and the mules try to cross the product during this time, coinciding with bow season. Unit 30a sees a lot of this up in the black canyon draw area near the san bernadino wildlife refugee. Will see how it goes during the next few weeks. Have seen some action during scouting but nothing threatening. Just be aware1

I was in 29 the 1st November season and we really saw a lot of BP agents all over the unit. A few UA's but over all the trash and sign is less than in years past. One of our party was pulled over by the BP doing checks. Overall a great time with a lot fewer deer seen.

I was in 36A for 5 days. To our surprise, we didn't see any illegals or drug runners. I agree, I think the crossings slow down in the colder weather. There seemed to be less trash and water bottles around. In years past, I remember seeing alot more trash. Of course the BP helicopter flew over twice a day and the trucks were on the main dirt road - they never ventured down the 4 track we were on. We decided to keep our coolers and personal gear locked in the truck - kind of a pain, and this was the first time I chose to do this.

Less deer too......

I spent 5 days in 36B by fresno wash also and the only problem was that someone took a shot at my truck on the second day i was there. The border patrol went after them but did not catch these people. also here is my battery.

What the ? Who shot your truck ?

We never did find who shot it but it happened near one of the towers. The border Patrol went into the canyons in the direction of the shot but found nothing.

I have said this before...a hunting trip in the border units that is unencumbered by illegal activity just means you are lucky. The odds are better and better that you will have a bad experience every time you go.

Whether it is your personal property broken into, your hunt ruined do to illegals spooking the deer, your pristine places being littered, or your personal safety it is not a safe place. Gun fights are increasing on our side of the border, Game and Fish employees being shot at, grizzly discoveries of dead smugglers. Identities are being mistaken, and yours could be next.

I understand that many of you are confident in your ability to protect yourself, as am I, if push comes to shove. But unfortunately, I can take the risk for myself, but I dont feel comfortable taking that risk for my boys. If I can't hunt safely with my family and know that they are okay, then there is a problem with the Country we live in.

We need to take this country back, we need to re-establish our border AT the Border. I don't care if they kill themselves south of the border.

I have said this before...a hunting trip in the border units that is unencumbered by illegal activity just means you are lucky. The odds are better and better that you will have a bad experience every time you go.

Whether it is your personal property broken into, your hunt ruined do to illegals spooking the deer, your pristine places being littered, or your personal safety it is not a safe place. Gun fights are increasing on our side of the border, Game and Fish employees being shot at, grizzly discoveries of dead smugglers. Identities are being mistaken, and yours could be next.

I understand that many of you are confident in your ability to protect yourself, as am I, if push comes to shove. But unfortunately, I can take the risk for myself, but I dont feel comfortable taking that risk for my boys. If I can't hunt safely with my family and know that they are okay, then there is a problem with the Country we live in.

We need to take this country back, we need to re-establish our border AT the Border. I don't care if they kill themselves south of the border.

+1

Overall, except for a few unfortunate incidents. Sounds like things might be improving in these units.

Not to say things can't pop up and you should be relaxed in your attention while hunting down there. But it was good knowing that there are BP agents and other security measures in place. It was very obvious. Hopefully their efforts will continue to improve these areas.

Hopefully next year there will be more improvement with less redbull products out there. ;) I might have to rethink that investment. :lol:

What's interesting is that the number of illegals the BP is catching is going down but the amount of dope they're seizing is at an all-time high.

I think this is a combination of the economy being lousy so less people are coming across and the BP is getting better and better at their job every year. There's a good chance some aliens are finally deciding not to take the risk of coming across.

However once the economy gets better who knows what'll happen.

Was down in 36c this weekend and we encountered groups of illegals every other day and we were buzzed a couple times by patroling helicopters but never had any issues with the illegals.

We did however have a couple of encounters with a Jerk hunter - the first encounter, apparently because we were unknowingly glassing in his direction (we moved on after we discovered he was there), was having one of the valves ripped out of one of our tires valvestems. It obviously went down hill from there but don't want to get into that.

Found one great deer we couldn't get on. Hopefully we will get him this coming weekend.

Was down in 36c this weekend and we encountered groups of illegals every other day and we were buzzed a couple times by patroling helicopters but never had any issues with the illegals.

We did however have a couple of encounters with a Jerk hunter - the first encounter, apparently because we were unknowingly glassing in his direction (we moved on after we discovered he was there), was having one of the valves ripped out of one of our tires valvestems. It obviously went down hill from there but don't want to get into that.

Found one great deer we couldn't get on. Hopefully we will get him this coming weekend.

I'm thinking of a few other words besides "jerk hunter". That's really a shame that things like this have to happen.......

We were in 35b. We saw lots of BP activity on the roads in Maggie's Canyon. Saw 3 drug runners that evaded BP. Also saw BP transferring pot bales from one truck to another. We also saw BP helicopters running up and down the canyons.

The most disturbing thing we saw was a hefty guy at a semi-permanent camp in 3-R running through his campsite at mid-day in nothing but a red thong. :unsure: :huh: We of course did not stop to investigate.

The most disturbing thing we saw was a hefty guy at a semi-permanent camp in 3-R running through his campsite at mid-day in nothing but a red thong. :unsure: :huh: We of course did not stop to investigate.

My guess would be AZCOUES33!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :blink: :P