Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Got my rifle back from the 'smith...

And this is how it came...

270wsmbroken001.jpg

270wsmbroken002.jpg

Sent my beloved, accurate 270 wsm into the smith, because of an issue. This is how it came. Not sure if it is his fault, or UPS', but thank god it was insured!

You probably have it all picked out too .... :lol: I can say though my dad has one of Harry Lawsons early thumbhole stocks over 30+ years old on his 270 (someday will be mine) and to me I don't think anything new could replace that beutiful creation .... But Mcmillan is the right avenue to go

Did you already ask the gunsmith?? In order to breik a stock that way a great amount of force is required!

Ernesto C

I'd check out Manners Stocks

Manners are great stocks, but if it's free money I'd go with the McMillan ;)

But the Manners thumbhole is nice if you're going to stay that route. Bitter sweet problem to have buddy.

Nice thing is, that equals a new McMillan stock!

Sweet!! Hey, do me a favor and if you are ordering it from the McMillan website, click through from this site using their button ad here since they will record it as coming from here. Helps them know their advertising is working. If you order it by phone let them know you appreciate them being a sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com.

Or use this link:

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/?source=Coues

Amanda

Nice thing is, that equals a new McMillan stock!

Sweet!! Hey, do me a favor and if you are ordering it from the McMillan website, click through from this site using their button ad here since they will record it as coming from here. Helps them know their advertising is working. If you order it by phone let them know you appreciate them being a sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com.

Or use this link:

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/?source=Coues

Amanda

+1 for a good cause! :P

Oh I see he sent it back as a 270. Man I would be mad also.

OK OK I know bad taste cracking a joke at a guy that just got his gun back broken. But you all know me I have to joke it off.

Oh I see he sent it back as a 270. Man I would be mad also.

OK OK I know bad taste cracking a joke at a guy that just got his gun back broken. But you all know me I have to joke it off.

HEY NOW!!!

when that gun was in one piece... It was known to shoot 1/2 MOA.. And blow skulls apart! That, my friend is a DEADLY combination!