Sign in to follow this  
Str8Shot

Ray's 36b Big Fork Scored

Okay I just want to ask a question......How is there a 4th circumference? I am confused?

It is a great 2 point no matter what. ;)

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/how_to_score..._Coues_deer.htm

Look under measuring circumference

On Coues as all whitetail deer you allways have 4 circumference measurments regardless the # of points if there is not a third point then the measurement is taken half way between the second point and the tip of the main beam and C3 and C4 are given the same value .....

Oh okay thats answers my question I only thought you did it once....Thanks. I have the paper here on mine and I thought thats what it says but I can't read worth crap. ;)

Willhunt, you get 4 mass measurements per side no matter what. In the case of a 2 point you take the last measurement at 1/2 the distance between the end of the beam and the G2 and use that for both the C3 and C4 measurement. If you look at the figures he posted the C3 and C4 on both sides are the same, which of course makes sense.

Cool I did not do that on my 2x2 from 2 years ago...so he would be in the low 70 (mine would) and not the high 60s.

Thanks I always love to learn. ;)

Amanda, I recall talking to Jim, and him telling me about a two point a bud of his killed that made BOOK, something like 114 " I would think it would be hard to beat that..

Casey, I NEED to see that buck. PM's are fine ;)

Thanks Amanda, I'd be interested to hear what you find out. Maybe I'll start a new thread.

Coues Sniper,

Many years ago a good freind and hunting buddy shot a MONSTER 2ptr! This buck was officially measured by a B&C measurer at 111 1/8" net with a gross score of 114 and some change. Although he was measured I dont beleive he ever entered it. This deer has 20 inch beams--10 inch G2--5 inch eyeguards with a 17 inch inside spread. Unfortunatly I dont have any photos. I'll try to hunt one down.

Jim

Amanda, I recall talking to Jim, and him telling me about a two point a bud of his killed that made BOOK, something like 114 " I would think it would be hard to beat that..

Thanks Amanda, I'd be interested to hear what you find out. Maybe I'll start a new thread.

Coues Sniper,

Many years ago a good freind and hunting buddy shot a MONSTER 2ptr! This buck was officially measured by a B&C measurer at 111 1/8" net with a gross score of 114 and some change. Although he was measured I dont beleive he ever entered it. This deer has 20 inch beams--10 inch G2--5 inch eyeguards with a 17 inch inside spread. Unfortunatly I dont have any photos. I'll try to hunt one down.

Jim

Sounds like a dream deer Jim. Thanks for trying to find a picture for me, I'd really like to see that.

Kevin

Coues Sniper,

Jim

Sounds like a dream deer Jim. Thanks for trying to find a picture for me, I'd really like to see that.

Kevin

Kevin,

When I walked up to that buck on the ground it was very EYE OPENING!!!!

I knew he was BIG in the binos! Just not that BIG!!

Jim

Coues Sniper,

Jim

Kevin

Kevin,

When I walked up to that buck on the ground it was very EYE OPENING!!!!

I knew he was BIG in the binos! Just not that BIG!!

Jim

I would Love to See a Pic of that Monster

Hey, just so were clear, I never requested score break down, I asked for pix.

And Kevin, I have never seen that monster 2 pt, just heard Jim talk about it a couple times.