Sign in to follow this  
coues101cj

Fishing Alaska

Great pix. When my boys are all old enough we're gonna spend a couple weeks on the Russian River horsing those beautiful reds out. What an awesome place. For those hunters and fisherman who have never seen the "last frontier", you have to make it a priority some time in your life.

Thanks for sharing!

Here are some pix from my last Alaska trip - man these pix remind me of how old I'm getting...

A "Red" from the Russian River

post-478-1258004207.jpg

A big rainbow from the Russian

post-478-1258004239.jpg

A small King from the lower Kenai

post-478-1258004314.jpg

Some halibut and ling cod from out of Seward

post-478-1258004345.jpg

A nice Seward Bay Silver

post-478-1258004372.jpg

Enjoy!

Great pix. When my boys are all old enough we're gonna spend a couple weeks on the Russian River horsing those beautiful reds out. What an awesome place. For those hunters and fisherman who have never seen the "last frontier", you have to make it a priority some time in your life.

Thanks for sharing!

Here are some pix from my last Alaska trip - man these pix remind me of how old I'm getting...

A "Red" from the Russian River

post-478-1258004207.jpg

A big rainbow from the Russian

post-478-1258004239.jpg

A small King from the lower Kenai

post-478-1258004314.jpg

Some halibut and ling cod from out of Seward

post-478-1258004345.jpg

A nice Seward Bay Silver

post-478-1258004372.jpg

Enjoy!

These are all from the Kenai River, but I have some Halibut and Sea Bass from Seward.

I got spoiled and grew up spending the summers in AK. we stayed mostly in Kenai as my dad figured we could be someplace where the fishing was good within an hour of there.

the Russian river was one of our favorite places. In one stretch my Dad, Mom and I took 9 fish a day for 6 days straight out of there. We had to take a day off to do laundry. our favorite hole was about 1.5 miles upstream and the lucky teenager got to haul all those fish out and back to the parking area. can't really eat salmon to this day (except smoked) due to getting it force fed to me year round.

other haunts were the Kasilof, the Kenai, Deep Creek and Clam Gultch.

lots of places were/are elbow to elbow 'combat' fishing. especially on the weekends.

biggest king we ever took was a 52 lbr from the Kasilof shore. Biggest halibut was about 100 lbr.

next time I am at my parents I will try to find some old pics and post them up.