Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Waiting on a 4x4

Glad you guys had a fun hunt. Sorry no critters, but where are the pics of the camp and good times? Surely there are some good ones to post?

Amanda

The photographer in the group is still out putting up the good fight. I really hope it pays off for him...

Glad you guys had a fun hunt. Sorry no critters, but where are the pics of the camp and good times? Surely there are some good ones to post?

Amanda

The photographer in the group is still out putting up the good fight. I really hope it pays off for him...

me too!!

Good luck Doug!

Amanda

Guess I was wondering the same thing as everyone else! ;) Be great to see Doug's pics, no matter the final outcome!

Sounds like you guys had a great hunt! My kids and I were over in A for the opener, and we had a good time as well! No deer killed in our camp either. ;)

S.

Well, for the first time in 6 or 7 years, I have Coues Deer Tag Soup. Just like I thought, it tastes like chit! Due to the new career, and buying my first home, I only had two days to hunt. Scott, Larry, Doug, Brian, my Dad and I, as well as my buddy Johnathon did the best we could, just couldnt connect.

Had a shot at a hihg 80's low 90's buck yesterday at 510 yards while waiting for the 4x4 to stand up. He was moving across the hill, and stopped long enough for a shot, but I wasnt quite set up yet. Oh well.

Had a good hunt!

Thats why its called hunting and not deer killing LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Casey, at least you get to go hunting. I could not go hunting cause I could not get any days off from work. :(

Ernesto C

Casey, at least you get to go hunting. I could not go hunting cause I could not get any days off from work. :(

Ernesto C

Ernesto, You need a new boss period :(

Mine is a jerk but if I want time off for a hunt,

The shop is closed, end of story ;)

I sure hope it was because of time off for Mexico ;)

Just spoke with Doug - Mr. 4x4 never showed himself today. Doug reported seeing several smaller bucks and a ton of does/fawns. He said he was going to give it one more morning hunt before heading home.

Is going to be a looooooooonng night! I hope he gets the buck. Like how big is he Larry?

Ernesto C

You're going to have to wait for Doug to ground check him and if he doesn't then you will have to wait for my december hunt when I ground check him.

so Sat morning we (doug, larry and I)spend about 1:15 minutes hiking into the spot we are going to hunt. hike up on the knob to get set up and start glassing. first light, primetime is upon us. I look around and one guy has his camera set up on his tripod and is awaiting the sunrise to take some pictures and the other guy is checking stuff out on his crackberry. I can't believe. I'm sure you can guess who was taking pics and who was crackin it.

so Sat morning we (doug, larry and I)spend about 1:15 minutes hiking into the spot we are going to hunt. hike up on the knob to get set up and start glassing. first light, primetime is upon us. I look around and one guy has his camera set up on his tripod and is awaiting the sunrise to take some pictures and the other guy is checking stuff out on his crackberry. I can't believe. I'm sure you can guess who was taking pics and who was crackin it.

The guy who was "crackin it" was the guy who found all the big bucks on the hunt.

The 4x4 did not show yesterday morning :( . I saw an eighties 3-point, several does/fawns and 4 spikes, but was holding out for the 4x4. It'll be there for Larry and Chris if the late Nov hunters do not get him.

Stopped by and talked with Randy and Christian (younghunter) on the drive out yesterday afternoon.

Chris, gotta smell the roses with the Nikon B) , ya know ;) .

Doug~RR

Sounds like you guys had a fun camp. I had planned on stopping by and meeting you guys but the long days got the better of me so maybe next time.