Sign in to follow this  
NRS

New fire in 36C

There is a new fire burning in 36C that is in the three peaks area south of what already burned earlier this year. The wind is predicted to blow tomorrow,so some of your favorite hunting areas down there may look a little different for the upcoming hunts. :blink: :(

3 peaks?.......where is that? What ranch is the fire close to?

Three Peaks is directly west (about 2.25 miles) of the Santa Margarita Ranch House (Compound) and about 3.0 miles SW of Mildred Peak. The only way for the masses to get to it is by foot.

...and it was getting BIG by tonight.. I was out there working and it was growing by the hour.. WRONG time of year for a fire..

Gonna be some change of plans for some hunters...And if it isn't contained, myself included!!

Any idea what started this fire? I know there hasnt been any rain, or lightning lately...

Based on where it's at and the time it started it had to be either backpack hunter or illegals.

WRONG time of year for a fire..

Not that there is a good time of year for human-caused wildfires.

Seems that fall hunting seasons coincide with desired temp and moisture for controlled burns. Archery elk season is always smoky in places. The South Kaibab is still currently doing controlled burns near Tusayan. Coconino has been doing some burns around Flag recently.

Sure hope this front tonight drops some badly-needed wet stuff tonight and tomorrow.

Was told over the weekend that AZ state lands/forestry was only budgeted $2 Million for fires. That is less $ than their lowest year spent.

In a little more than 24 hours the fire has increased in size by a factor of 8.5 times. After a day of high winds I can't imagine how big it will be.

sorry but is that near the ranchers house that the only way im familiar with the unit is it by Diablo hill im try to picture were the fire is

sorry but is that near the ranchers house that the only way im familiar with the unit is it by Diablo hill im try to picture were the fire is

this may help...post-1361-1256752316_thumb.jpg