Red Rabbit

NM Draw Desults Posted

I drew the unit 23 Coues 2nd hunt and my oldest son drew the unit 23 Coues 1st hunt. My youngest, that killed a nice Coues buck in NM last year didn't draw.

Scott

I may see you there Doug. Let me know if you would like some company on your scouting trips. I'm just about 40 minutes from some Coues spots in 23.

Scott

It's been a while since I've have posted anything as i could not get my password reset and gave up trying, so I started over..

I drew the Nov Unit 27 Coues Tag :) and was hoping someone might be able to give me a few places to start scouting.. I might be able to return the favor if your drawn in AZ.

jasone.smith@libertymutual.com

Jason

I drew a unit 22 bow tag for deer. I have never hunted in New Mexico so if anyone has any info I would love to hear from you. I am from Wisconsin. Reply here or email me at lewy@tds.net I am real interested on what to expect in this area. I was told this is a good area and a good time. My friend put me in on this draw and is trying to pump me up. Drop me a hint on this area, Please.

Cheesehead

Lewy

Doug,

I got unit 12. It is huntable from my grandparents place in Eagar which is mostly why I put in for it also it seems alot more glassable than 15 which was another option for hunting from their place.

Bret M.

Bret,

I had been putting in for unit 11 antelope till this year when you could not choose a unit. Do you think those muleys will still be in velvet near the end of Sept? Have a fun hunt.

Doug

I really do not know if they will be in velvet or not. I know they were in velvet last year before 9/20 or so. I do not remember seeing anymore big deer in that area until the second week of October at that point they were hard horned. This was in Round Valley/St. Johns, but the area is pretty much the same. I do know they are usually alot easier for me to find in September than in November, knocking one down with a front stuffer is another matter though.

Bret M.

I got the late coues burro mtns hunt for rifle.

I take it that this is a good hunt. I'm from az so this will be new for me.

I would like to kill one descent coues and I'll be happy. Any Info.

You can probably find out on az on the 22nd through the 24th. Good luck.

Just heard through the grapevine that we may be able to find out on the evening of the 15th on the Arizona results.

I drew New Mexico unit 15 archery elk. The later hunt, and unit 23 burro mtn portion, later hunt for coues.

I'm from AZ so this is my first time in these areas. Anyone have any ideas on starting points, we may be able to swap some info if you draw something in my neck of the woods.

Good luck on the Arizona draw. I think we all need it.