Sign in to follow this  
dchamsr06

Salt licks

Just because my beliefs our not the same as yours and I express it ... it is not to belittle you nor anyone else ....

but we are still crack pushing ice cream perverts! Dont EVER make remarks about ice cream, it's heaven in a bowl!

I agree on Ice cream... and I get the sarcasm.... wish others would get it even when it is written right on the next line .... I have alot more sarcasm on the subject but think I will tone it down for a bit ..... I am digging myself a grave as some might say

I agree on Ice cream... and I get the sarcasm.... wish others would get it even when it is written right on the next line .... I have alot more sarcasm on the subject but think I will tone it down for a bit ..... I am digging myself a grave as some might say

Now the ice cream man is changing my normal behavior to harvest my money...I need to go check for a fence.

To be completely honest with you I think bating (salt licks) is cheating. So I hope AZGFD does something about it. Ill bet half the people on the wed site would have a lot of un filled tags in their top drawer if they actually had to hunt. That’s just my opinion though.

Several years ago, I spent a lot of time ballistically mapping my 300 win mag out to 1000 yards. Opening day I glassed up a small carp at 765 yards. I dialed my turrets according to my chart and dropped him on the first shot. (no wind)

Somebody please tell me, was that HUNTING or was that CHEATING?

Please tell me, I gots to know!

Why is shooting a lion treed by dogs considered "fair chase"? Maybe because lions eat "your" deer?

Mark

Bowsniper was that off the arm ... a bipod or the CLAW .... not that it matters which one.... it would still be an awesome shot and one not to many have the time with their gun and calibrating to make ......

Guys... get real! <_< This is like a Dodge vs. Chevy arguement.... :angry:... and it is getting really old and repeditive. I truely don't care how any of you hunt, as long as it is legal, and deemed in Fair Chase by the B&C & P&Y.... Period! You guys hunt your way, those guys hunt there way, I'll hunt my way... and successful or not we all share the common bond that drives us to infuse/fund more conservation and industry than all the Aniti's combined. Reguardless of your favorite method of hunting you are very important part of the hunting community spending dollars, creating jobs, helping wildlife conservation, and hopefully teaching children about the outdoors and fair chase hunting.

Please consider joining the "Coalition to Ban ALL Coalitions" as Hank JR song said..... "You do your thing and I'll do my thing, too!"

We are hunters and and we should all respect our differences as well as our similarities. I hunt with a lot of different folks and honestly many of them like to hunt different than I do, but we still have Helluva good time hunting together!

The real issue is that I personally do not want anyone to lose any opportunity to be successfull in the outdoors. Whether you like shooing across the county to make a kill or like to do it at less than 10 yds..... Whether you are a Tri-athlete or in a wheelchair.... Whether your bow shoots 220fps or 320fps.... Whether you are 10 years old or 30 or 75.... a Real Hunt is in the eye of the beholder.... I am not able to judge the quality of any hunt that is not my own. ;) Go hunting, take a child, teach them you very best values, teach them to respect others values, and be happy with that. Do not impress your way on all...or ask that the Gov. impress your way on all.... we all have the right to make our own choices.... many great men and women have given thier lives so that we may choose.... Your way, my way, that other guy's way.... none of them work for everyone... let it ride. ;)

Happy Hunting, My Brothers!

Guys... get real! <_< This is like a Dodge vs. Chevy arguement.... :angry:... and it is getting really old and repeditive. I truely don't care how any of you hunt, as long as it is legal, and deemed in Fair Chase by the B&C & P&Y.... Period! You guys hunt your way, those guys hunt there way, I'll hunt my way... and successful or not we all share the common bond that drives us to infuse/fund more conservation and industry than all the Aniti's combined. Reguardless of your favorite method of hunting you are very important part of the hunting community spending dollars, creating jobs, helping wildlife conservation, and hopefully teaching children about the outdoors and fair chase hunting.

Please consider joining the "Coalition to Ban ALL Coalitions" as Hank JR song said..... "You do your thing and I'll do my thing, too!"

We are hunters and and we should all respect our differences as well as our similarities. I hunt with a lot of different folks and honestly many of them like to hunt different than I do, but we still have Helluva good time hunting together!

The real issue is that I personally do not want anyone to lose any opportunity to be successfull in the outdoors. Whether you like shooing across the county to make a kill or like to do it at less than 10 yds..... Whether you are a Tri-athlete or in a wheelchair.... Whether your bow shoots 220fps or 320fps.... Whether you are 10 years old or 30 or 75.... a Real Hunt is in the eye of the beholder.... I am not able to judge the quality of any hunt that is not my own. ;) Go hunting, take a child, teach them you very best values, teach them to respect others values, and be happy with that. Do not impress your way on all...or ask that the Gov. impress your way on all.... we all have the right to make our own choices.... many great men and women have given thier lives so that we may choose.... Your way, my way, that other guy's way.... none of them work for everyone... let it ride. ;)

Well said Gino and a perfect way to put an end to the beating of this old dead horse.

The number one tactic the antis use is to divide and conquer. Thats how we lost trapping.

Guest 300ultramag.

you should shoot a lighter grain with a heavier load so your bullet shoots flatter and you dont need turrets just zeroed at 400 yds

Well said Gino and a perfect way to put an end to the beating of this old dead horse.

The number one tactic the antis use is to divide and conquer. Thats how we lost trapping.

COULD NOT SAY IT ANY BETTER.we have been watched,we have been infiltrated.we are hanging our shorts out to dry. be careful, be afraid because we are under a microscope here.

There are many ways to hunt and as long as it is legal, to each their own. I hunt with my dad and his friends and they give me a hard time, all in fun, because I'm such a high tech hunter, I have a range finder and use the internet :lol:. Each method of hunting has it pros and cons. Each method takes time to master and requires you to build your skills. Even baiting takes thought, time, and work. It is just different than other methods. Don't knock it till you've tried it, and then if you don't like it, hunt the way you like! As Coues 'n' Sheep said, its "Dodge vs Chevy", or a pesonal opinion. Recoqnize everyone's different and respect their opinion.

JDH

This is a good discussion to have even if it about salt licks

I think every time that a hot topic comes up like this we should be able to write down what we feel, but that being said we must stand together as a community of hunters . WE are losing ground out there and our voices are being shoved to the back room