desertbird

left handed right eye

I have a step son that will be getting into archery for the spring pig season. He is left handed right eye dominant. For rifle this is not a problem as he is fully comfortable shooting right handed.

What should we do?

Please dont think I'm trying to sound like an a$$ but; he needs to pratice shoothing lefthanded with his bow. Start NOW. good luck on the pig.

+1 on the get him shooting left handed or visa versa but you gotta shoot and use the same eye and hand!

You should try to get the bow on his dominant eye side. All 3 of my kids are right handed but left eye dominant. They all shoot left handed.

I would have him shoot with whatever eye he is dominant. In this case I would have him shoot right handed.If he is shooting a rifle right handed it should not be to hard for him. But you need to start him soon!!!!! He has got a lot of arrows to fling by Jan. in my opinion. And if you are not 100% sure he is ready by then I would have him wait. Just my 2 cents.

I would go right handed and like everyone has said get him shooting as soon as possible. Good luck, it is a blast chasin pigs with a bow!

have him shoot whatever feels more comfortable and stick with it!!! Im not a fan of the rt/left eye dominant stuff.... once you close one eye, the open one is automatically dominant! and due to some old "war" injuries, it can be overcome, especially at a young age...

I'm also left handed and right eye dominant. I shoot right handed with no problems. I can shoot left handed but I have a hard time focusing on the target. Stick with shooting right handed. It will eventually feel natural for him.

Whats the problem? Just close both eyes like I do!!

I am right handed and left eye dominant. I shoot right handed, archery, rifle, pistol, scatter rifle, everything. For me it's easier to close a dominant eye than to learn how to shoot *goofy. Like WOT said, "once you close one eye, the open one is automatically dominant!"

*goofy is a term for skating/skiing/surfing on your non dominant side.....thought you old guys might not recognize the lingo :unsure:

of course I am joking.

*goofy is a term for skating/skiing/surfing on your non dominant side.....thought you old guys might not recognize the lingo :unsure:

of course I am joking.

My buddy I grew up with skated goofy footed LOL! I have not heard that in years.

I Have a buddy who is right handed and blind in his right eye. He uses a switchback xt and had to learn to shoot left handed. He out shoots me consistently.