Sign in to follow this  
coues7

What contributes most to harvesting MONSTER BUCKS

I enjoyed reading through this entire thread, although I must admit I sometimes get a kick out of the occasional Jerry Springer episode. Making lame analogies on internet forums is one of my hobbies, so here it is. Finding the big one is like playing the lottery. The people who put in the countless hours are like the people who buy a ton of tickets. They have better odds, but there is still luck involved. The shmuck that bought one ticket has a chance to hit the jackpot, just like the first time hunter has a chance to stumble into your spot, take a nap and wake up to see the world record buck you have been scouting for 3 years at 125 yds in his cross hairs. I don't have a ton of time to scout and know I am not a great hunter, so I am hoping for some pure luck next week!

Guest borderboy

I agree with rclouse79 about the luck thing. Jack O"Connor said that bucks are where you find them. True that. However knowing the animal that we are after, their habits, and needs is a big part of raising the odds. If we at least have a basic idea of these we can find them no matter what area we hunt. Whether it is an area we know well or a new one, a hunter can and will find game. But another thing we must practice is patience. Patience. And more patience. Suerte.