Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

While I was sleeping...

Sundevil and I went out for a quick scouting trips this weekend primarily to learn the roads in a new area we are considering hunting this year. We drove roads most of the day to get a better understanding of what areas were accessible. Before we headed home we took a few hours to glass an area we thought might be productive.

Having not slept well the night before and after getting up earily for a morning glass I could barely keep my eyes open. After having glassed the same small cut three times with my eyes closed I thought I might as well try to catch a brief nap before the prime glassing time. After about 20 minutes of sleep Chris came and told me I wasn't going to find many deer that way and then almost immediately after sitting down said "There's a deer...it's a buck...it's a good buck. Sure enough there was a good deer in same cut I was glassing with my eyes closed. Here are some pictures -

post-1361-1253508792.jpg

post-1361-1253508806_thumb.jpg

post-1361-1253508818_thumb.jpg

Here's a little video of too -

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/sco...TrapLine011.flv

Later I glassed up two yotes not far from where Chriss found the buck - he had his rifle with him so he took a whack at one of them. From the looks of it he connected but not well enough to drop him immediately.

All in all it was a very good trip - saw close to 50 deer, 6 bucks, 2 yotes and 2 rattlers. More importantly we found a number of areas we need to go back and look at.

Nice buck Larry! Good pics of him as well. Hopefully the new area will produce for you guys.

...it's a buck...it's a good buck.

Been watching a little Jackie Bushman, have ye?

Hopefully your scouting will reveal a nice buck for December

Doug~RR

not only does he not glass up deer while he is sleeping but he also SNORES and scares most of the deer into the next canyon. \"/