Sign in to follow this  
jstahl

ANY BULL HIT THE DIRT YET??????

We are hunting 6A west and the Bulls haven't been bugling much. We know of only 2 bulls killed so far. I had to come back to town until Wednesday but then will head back up and hunt until the season closes. We have Bull tags.

This past weekend, I was up in Unit 1 and 27 helping Scott Adams since his two boys have archery bull tags. Bulls not bugling great yet, but there were some spots that were definitely heating up. We camped with Duwane Adams and his clients had been on some big bulls but not gotten shots yet. Someone Scott knows that wasn't hunting with us, killed a 380-390 bull yesterday. It was a gorgeous bull!

The bugling will only get stronger and in another week or two it should be awesome up there! Lots of rain during the hunt so far and in fact they had to set up camp in 4 inches of hail!!

Amanda

We are hunting 6A west and the Bulls haven't been bugling much. We know of only 2 bulls killed so far. I had to come back to town until Wednesday but then will head back up and hunt until the season closes. We have Bull tags.

I got mine in 6A West Saturday. Good luck bud.

I was in 6a for the last six days helping a buddy and they were barely talking. We didn't even hear one bugle on Monday. Plus when we did find the good bulls, other hunters haven't learned the first grader rule of playing the wind. There should be a bottle of wind checker sent out to every hunter that draws a tag :angry: . David

This past weekend, I was up in Unit 1 and 27 helping Scott Adams since his two boys have archery bull tags. Bulls not bugling great yet, but there were some spots that were definitely heating up. We camped with Duwane Adams and his clients had been on some big bulls but not gotten shots yet. Someone Scott knows that wasn't hunting with us, killed a 380-390 bull yesterday. It was a gorgeous bull!

The bugling will only get stronger and in another week or two it should be awesome up there! Lots of rain during the hunt so far and in fact they had to set up camp in 4 inches of hail!!

Amanda

Small world. We musta drove by that camp 50 times over the last 5 days. Tough hunt, bulls werent hot yet and were in the trees well before sun up and into the medows after dark. Cousin is still up there threw the end of the week. Hopefully things change

other hunters haven't learned the first grader rule of playing the wind. There should be a bottle of wind checker sent out to every hunter that draws a tag :angry: . David

If one believes the advertising on the hunting shows, one can just pin a scent wafer to their Scent-Lock suit and forget the wind :rolleyes: PT Barnum hunters

But, maybe they believe that they can hunt longer with the wind at their back. ;)

I filled my tag with this guy Sunday afternoon. The bugling was sporadic at best, but seems to be picking up. I will be going back up Friday and staying until the hunt is over. Looks like I will be camp cook and pack mule for the rest of the season and be happy to do it.