Sassquatch

1st archery coues

Spent three days overlooking a pond and after not having a chance to use game camera's I couldn't find the watering hole of a nice 4x4 I had seen. After three 9+hr days at a pond seeing almost every small game creature known in SE Arizona I harvested my 1st archery coues. Not the size of my 1st coues, nice 97pt 4x4 last year, but I still had the shakes. Took it at 40yds, and dropped on site. Now I just have to find other things to fill the freezer.

nothing to be ashamed of, all of our coues deer are extra special when we are luckey enough to harvest one. sometime we get hung up on the size and forget the true meaning of our time in the field, " it is so much more then just harvesting a buck." what an awesome picture of you and your son!

No need to apologize that it isn't a "monster." I would be thrilled to take any coues buck with a bow and am very much looking forward to the day it happens. Conratulations to ya. The picture with your son is great. I love how he seems so interested and is even holding onto the antler.

nothing to be ashamed of, all of our coues deer are extra special when we are luckey enough to harvest one. sometime we get hung up on the size and forget the true meaning of our time in the field, " it is so much more then just harvesting a buck." what an awesome picture of you and your son!

+1 , and no difference if it's a estern W, Coues W, Columbia BT, Rocky or desert Mule deer, Sitka or a possum. ;) . My 2cents. And i am guilty of thinking of size a little too much like most hunting fanatics. But yes, theres the true reasons we all hunt, usually unspoken but allways our foundation.

That picture is, ..................... GOLD

Thanks you all, it really was exciting to see this fine animal for three days, and all the others out there waiting for shooting range. I wanted to bow hunt as last year I filled two elk and one coues tag with little issues. If you havent been bow hunting, the thrill and close up and personal feeling is something I will cherish and teach my son. We've actually got video of him holding both antlers and jumping up and down yelling excitedly. It is a great feeling.

Josh